7/31 NE Ohio Ride up OH-164

Hailwood

I'm thinking that the universe is trying to tell me not to organize any more group rides, but at least no one was hurt this time. MadMax's bike was rideable, and we were able to make it back to the Massillon area without any trouble.

The problem with the Ducati was a melted in-line fuse/fuse holder at one of the ignition modules, which is fortunate since that's about the only electrical component that's accessible without needing tools to remove bodywork.

Fortunately an extremely nice couple on a Harley stopped and talked to us for a bit. They lived really close and offered to try and find a way to replace the fuse/fuse holder. After a few minutes they came back and we proceeded to do a damn professional re-wire with a new 30A fuse. After that the bike fired up immediately and ran like a champ. Saved me from having to bring a truck back.

Hopefully the rest of you guys had a good and safe ride and made it back home. We'll have to try another one soon minus the mishaps.

Edited by Hailwood

I'm thinking that the universe is trying to tell me not to organize any more group rides, but at least no one was hurt this time. MadMax's bike was rideable, and we were able to make it back to the Massillon area without any trouble.

The problem with the Ducati was a melted in-line fuse/fuse holder at one of the ignition modules, which is fortunate since that's about the only electrical component that's accessible without needing tools to remove bodywork.

Fortunately an extremely nice couple on a Harley stopped and talked to us for a bit. They lived really close and offered to try and find a way to replace the fuse/fuse holder. After a few minutes they came back and we proceeded to do a damn professional re-wire with a new 30A fuse. After that the bike fired up immediately and ran like a champ. Saved me from having to bring a truck back.

Hopefully the rest of you guys had a good and safe ride and made it back home. We'll have to try another one soon minus the mishaps.

Glad you got it goin man... hated leaving you two behind..

home safe, i hope its same for all

Yep what a day, By the time we reached meeting point one guy was already on his way back thx to the shoves and pushes from every one. Start of bad omen

Then one had an unfortunate mishap, classic example 0f right rider have a wrong day

After that another bike starts to have hiccups while the bike which did 3 tumbles runs fine :(

Man wish u guys didnt have to wait too long, nice thing u guys messaged u reached home

i say some body crossed a black cat yesterday, may be even ate one considering the amount of crap. But the good thing is all rode home and all are safe.

To top it off i think punk and inyaz were pissed of after hauling my slow ass all over 164 , but i guess i am learning the trick, someday wish to ride like u guys, thx for the tips Unk punk

Right now transferring the data onto pc hopefully we soon will have visuals to put to the story

Edited by NinjaDoc

okay am sorry guys, but the camera decided to act up to finish the day, most of the view is "foggy" so it decided to capture nothing that we intended to and then it captures even the slightest vibration and extra noise of the bike except the sounds we need, hence we have nothing but crappy stuff to deal with :(

let me try and edit some thing out of it

To top it off i think punk and inyaz were pissed of after hauling my slow ass all over 164 , but i guess i am learning the trick, someday wish to ride like u guys, thx for the tips Unk punk

You shouldn't have gotten that impression. A group ride is a group ride and it wasn't mine to decide how it should go. You did fine and with your history I would expect you to be cautious.

Damn, I wanted to see the video of the get off to see how well I remembered it in real time, it was quite spectacular for no one getting hurt and the bike remaining rideable.

• Upvote 1

You shouldn't have gotten that impression. A group ride is a group ride and it wasn't mine to decide how it should go. You did fine and with your history I would expect you to be cautious.

Damn, I wanted to see the video of the get off to see how well I remembered it in real time, it was quite spectacular for no one getting hurt and the bike remaining rideable.

:D , i dont know why it fogged up like that right at that crucial time, but i think i have good footages of your fly byes, literally flying by. No sight of the other guys in video except at turns haha

You can start off by viewing the docu video by clicking the link in my signature, by the time u finish watching it plus 1/2 a day :p i will upload the brand new action from today. Too bad i dont have sound, will find some crappy music to fill it up.

Man, my shoulder is the only thing that is bothering me but this is an injury that has been with me for awhile. Going down that hard may have aggravated it a bit. Thanks to everyone for all of the help and I'm glad that the ride wasn't a total bust. We even took the scenic route back home through Atwood rather than risk hitting the freeway with no mirrors on the bike. From what I gather, I tried to pass a truck while approaching a 30mph turn and then running out of room, which might have been caused by the logjam of bikes already in the corner. I braked in the turn and started to wobble and lose control. Once I hit the shoulder the bike lowsided and I had another ride, on my ass for a bit. Quite a tumble and also my first wreck on any bike.

All in all, it could have been alot worse for both me and my trusty liter. Most of the damage is on the front end with light cosmetic damage pretty much everywhere else. The stay bracket is totalled as well. For some reason I cannot upload any pics so perhaps if you guys want to see what the bike looks like, I may be able to put them on Facebook. The ironic part is that Hailwood's bike was the one that was almost towed. Now it's time to look for some fairings. You play and you pay...

Man, my shoulder is the only thing that is bothering me but this is an injury that has been with me for awhile. Going down that hard may have aggravated it a bit. Thanks to everyone for all of the help and I'm glad that the ride wasn't a total bust. We even took the scenic route back home through Atwood rather than risk hitting the freeway with no mirrors on the bike. From what I gather, I tried to pass a truck while approaching a 30mph turn and then running out of room, which might have been caused by the logjam of bikes already in the corner. I braked in the turn and started to wobble and lose control. Once I hit the shoulder the bike lowsided and I had another ride, on my ass for a bit. Quite a tumble and also my first wreck on any bike.

All in all, it could have been alot worse for both me and my trusty liter. Most of the damage is on the front end with light cosmetic damage pretty much everywhere else. The stay bracket is totalled as well. For some reason I cannot upload any pics so perhaps if you guys want to see what the bike looks like, I may be able to put them on Facebook. The ironic part is that Hailwood's bike was the one that was almost towed. Now it's time to look for some fairings. You play and you pay...

Damn man, I'm sorry to hear this, that sucks! Well, at least you are ok, that's all that matters. It's been 2 weeks for me and besides my arm, the rest of my upper body is still sore. The arm, now that's a different story, it will never be the same.

See, you guys should have just came to my house and put my bike back together. With parts that you bought, of course....:D

By the way, we better knock this shit off before the rest of Ohio thinks we can't ride!:D

Hailwood must have raped a ton of nuns in his past life to get the kind of karma that he gets when he starts a group ride. My new fairings are on their way as well as a new stay bracket. Next I need new mirrors and that should be it. According to my Jesus-freak alcoholic neighbor, the lord spared my life. I mean, it wasn't really the fact that I wear full leathers every time I ride now, is it? Well, I will never make the same mistake ever again regarding passing vehicles close to a turn with other riders in front of me. Kent, I think my wreck may have yours beat as far as how far my bike flew. I won't even have any scars to show the girls that I slip roofies to either. Ho-hum...

Its nothing short of miracle that u and bike left almost unscathed

If my freaking cam could have caught the bike tumble and who ever saw that would never even in their wildest imagination guess that both the bike and rider drove home. Heck u stood up in 2 sec while the bike was going on tumbling.

I say ur gear was awesome. Am buying pants and boots with my next salary, dayum go pro can wait.

Without a sound i dont think the footage has any meaning to it, still i am gonna slap some musik on and try and make something out of it. Note to self, arrive at the meeting point early so i can get some good footages + learn the nuances of most user unfriendly gopro cam,

I say ur gear was awesome. Am buying pants and boots with my next salary, dayum go pro can wait.

This is good to hear, sorry it took witnessing good gear working for you to get to this point but no animals were hurt in the process.

This really was a spectacular crash and I can't believe that the bike is rideable. I have seen a lot of crashes and have never seen a bike tumble and flip so many times and still ride away, unbelievable.