Ccw

pt377

Whats up guys

So I have been thinking about getting my CCW. But I have a question before I do..

Most days when I leave works its dark and not a 100% safest area. It would be nice to have a gun just in case someone gets smart with me. But I also work at a school. So I can not take a gun onto campus. I really only ride my bike to work and out a few time for joy rides. I'm not worried about having a gun when I'm riding but I guess I have not had a need for it yet, Knock on wood. So what you guys think I can/should do?

I would (did) get it. But like you I Leave at dark, its not the best area and I can not take mine to work. So I put in more security lights for when I leave. I only carry if I am going in to dayton or traveling any great distance alone. However in the case of late night shopping I also carry. I have mine because it is my right and I am a girl.

I know people who carry all the time its a choice.

Edited by snot

Not sure exactly what your question is, but I say do it and use it when you can.

OK... since I work at a school, leave when its dark, what am I going to do with my gun... I cant carry it into the school. There for I cant carry a gun with me to work. what other options do I have? I dont see any. So I'm screwed.

OK... since I work at a school, leave when its dark, what am I going to do with my gun... I cant carry it into the school. There for I cant carry a gun with me to work. what other options do I have? I dont see any. So I'm screwed.

Option 1: A lockable container on the bike, but that's risky because the entire bike can be stolen with the gun on it.

Option 2: Don't carry.

Option 3: Concealed means concealed. Jobs are easier to get than a new life.

Option 4: Get a new job (see number 3).

That's why i said use when u can. Can't at work, but still Many

More hours in day. I carry from wakeup

To bedtime. Unless I'm in a bar on weekends:)

In order to use a CCW (concealed carry weapon) you must first get your CHL (concealed handgun license). Get it, carry when and where you can legally. You could lock it in the bike, but again the bike could get stolen then you are SOL. You're options are very limited from what I can tell.

Option 1: A lockable container on the bike, but that's risky because the entire bike can be stolen with the gun on it.

That's REALLY bad advice, you can't transport or store a firearm on school property period unless you have it concealed and you are just passing through...like you are a dad picking up your kid in the drive through lane.

To the OP, do not take your weapon on school property if you want to stay clean of the law. Like you I work at a school, I am very sure of this law. If you get busted besides the legal issues you will lose your job. Any type of a conviction much beyond a traffic violation and you are ineligible to work at a school in Ohio.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.122

Edited by Tonik
Link to the law added.