Guy wins GTR on eBay, dealer refuses to honor price. Oops.

Casper

Last I knew the bids for auto were considered binding contracts of course last time I read the terms in the auto side was probably 10 years ago when my old man won a car that was supposed to have a title. Anyway I wouldn't buy.a $55,000 car on eBay hell I probably wouldn't buy any car on eBay unless it was local and I could check it out prior to bidding or a restoration project. Although knowing now that it is a non binding contract I can bid the hell out of cars and not buy them.

My apologizes to those I said were wrong my info was old and wrong. I fail!

Last I knew the bids for auto were considered binding contracts of course last time I read the terms in the auto side was probably 10 years ago when my old man won a car that was supposed to have a title. Anyway I wouldn't buy.a $55,000 car on eBay hell I probably wouldn't buy any car on eBay unless it was local and I could check it out prior to bidding or a restoration project. Although knowing now that it is a non binding contract I can bid the hell out of cars and not buy them.

My apologizes to those I said were wrong my info was old and wrong. I fail!

Present yourself to me at once for your punishment.

You have been to a couple auctions and now you are an expert. NOT!

I am a licensed dealer and you don't know what your talking about. You are comparing two completely different types of sales at real auctions. If the ebay seller did not have a reserve it is just like selling a car at auction with NO reserve. If I run a car through any reputable auction as NO RESERVE and it brings a bid of any amount, it is SOLD to the highest bidder. Good luck trying to get out of a deal that was run as NO RESERVE. It won't happen.

An "if" sale only applies if the seller has set a reserve price on the vehicle. Since the ebay sale was NO RESERVE you cannot compare it to an "IF" sale at a real auction. You should really get your facts straight before you start name calling and telling people to suck cock.

what's your dealer's license #?

the fact of the matter is those cars will start at what the seller wants for the car to begin with.

I've never heard of a car at an auction worth lets say $6k selling for $1800 and the seller sells it. matter of fact, I've never seen that happen in 2 years 4 times a week. you must have all the "special" auction houses no one knows about.

hell I watch the auctioneers run up the prices even if no one is bidding.

Edited by serpentracer

what's your dealer's license #?

the fact of the matter is those cars will start at what the seller wants for the car to begin with.

I've never heard of a car at an auction worth lets say $6k selling for $1800 and the seller sells it. matter of fact, I've never seen that happen in 2 years 4 times a week. you must have all the "special" auction houses no one knows about.

hell I watch the auctioneers run up the prices even if no one is bidding.

The auctioneer can bid up to, but not including the reserve price.

Next time you go there ask them is a no reserve auction is binding even if the seller is unhappy with the price.