Season 3 Top Shot on History now

scottb

I'm not sure if its right but I put some of the information. I knew of the 50 Cal into my shooter app and cane up with 35.4 inches of drift at 40 MPH wind full effect meaning wind is directly a 90 degree angle. In the realm of distance shooting that's not a really hard shot. Just an example of why I say that is the last time me and walther went to the range we had a solid 25 MPH and gusting to 40. We were using 5.56 and at 650 yards we both hit first shot. We we're calculating 126.5 inches of drift. So in those conditions with an 800 gr bullet it's manageable.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if its right but I put some of the information. I knew of the 50 Cal into my shooter app and cane up with 35.4 inches of drift at 40 MPH wind full effect meaning wind is directly a 90 degree angle. In the realm of distance shooting that's not a really hard shot. Just an example of why I say that is the last time me and walther went to the range we had a solid 25 MPH and gusting to 40. We were using 5.56 and at 650 yards we both hit first shot. We we're calculating 126.5 inches of drift. So in those conditions with an 800 gr bullet it's manageable.

Thanks for the data, that was the feeling I had about it, that in the grand scheme of things this wasn't too bad of a shot. We're talking about a round that has held records for 2500+ yard confirmed kills, and they were using it at 500. Not saying I could make the shot, but it just seems like they overhyped the wind difficulty. Anyone else think they should have brought George(last season) back as the expert for this episode?:D

I'd like to get out to shooting longer ranges sometime, maybe next year. I have my savage .223 set up with shooting 69 grain sierras and the 75 grain A-max, now I just need the space and lots of practice. What sort of loads are you using out of your AR for those ranges?

Come out to thunder valley some time. There is steel out to the 1000 yard mark and beyond. They have a short course that is outgo 650 for the small caliber guys like us. In shooting 77 gr black hills match which is the 77gr sierra match king bullet. I planned on doing some load development and trying to make a similar load but I'm to busy to get it done.

Come out to thunder valley some time. There is steel out to the 1000 yard mark and beyond. They have a short course that is outgo 650 for the small caliber guys like us. In shooting 77 gr black hills match which is the 77gr sierra match king bullet. I planned on doing some load development and trying to make a similar load but I'm to busy to get it done.

Are they selling that specific round at Woodbury?

TOPSHOT TONIGHT - moments ago Mr. Dickface Jake nailed up his own target and walked off the show - pussy ass could not even phathom the mere possibilty of losing!! Hard to believe his ego could fit through the damn door, but I'm happy the competition can get back on track now

Favorite episode ever! Not only because of Jake, but also the sako trg! Just last week my girlfriend was asking me what I would buy if I got a $2000 bass pro giftcard, and lo and behold I pulled up the trg-42. I think they're using the 22, but damn close enough!

That shit was close but Mike got the W, so Bill is gone - damn valiant effort though!

Next week looks awesome with the spinning shooter and stationary targets!!

Yeah the spinning rack next week looks awesome, and was that an mp5 they're using?

Yeah the spinning rack next week looks awesome, and was that an mp5 they're using?

Not sure, didnt catch what weapon they had - the preview was too quick so I missed it. I'm waiting to see the shooters bungee jumping with semi-auto bazookas!! Jeezus!! Show is getting crazier every season!!

Hellmut should put spoiler alert ahead of all his posts lol

My bad bro, I just get excited when it comes to racing and shooting - so my commentary, albeit less than realtime, may still be spoiling it for others......for that I apologize.....:D......nah, screw it - I'm not sorry at all, real fans of the show would have been watching when it happened! :lol: