Need help with Microsoft Word 2007

chevysoldier

Hopefully someone can help me with an issue I am having. I need to copy information from one Word document to another document on my computer. I open up the original and ctrl+c what I need. We'll say:

A

B

C

D

E

F

Then when I go to my new document and ctrl+v, it always pastes something like this:

F

B

C

D

E

A

It's really messing me up. Sometimes it will split a paragraph and I will get half of it at the top of my paste and the other half at the bottom. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Edit: I should add that I am copying different sections separately, not all at once. So I'd highlight "A" then "B" and so fourth. Even though I copy them in order from the start of the document to the end, it still gets mixed up.

Edit Edit:

Video of problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue0FGpAgtbU

Edited by chevysoldier

go in the options(more commands) by clicking on the downward facing arrow thing in the top of the page. (forget the name of this area) and go to the advanced tab. then go to the cut,copy, paste section and set the pasting between documents to the default option of "keep source formatting"

other than that option I couldn't tell you.

Edited by serpentracer

go in the options(more commands) by clicking on the downward facing arrow thing in the top of the page. (forget the name of this area) and go to the advanced tab. then go to the cut,copy, paste section and set the pasting between documents to the default option of "keep source formatting"

other than that option I couldn't tell you.

Yeah I tried that. Set everything to default and to "keep source formatting".

euk7cw.jpg

Something simple but are you copy/pasteing from the bottom up?

Try copy/paste starting at the top of the document - just a thought

Yeah, I have been copying in order from the top down.

here's a screen shot of mine.

Set mine up identical to yours and still the same. Tried closing and reopening but nothing.

Set mine up identical to yours and still the same. Tried closing and reopening but nothing.

Have you tried copy/paste from different document? Just to see if its THAT document or Word.

Just tried, no dice.

:popcorn:

Thanks for adding something a value, jerk.

:D

email it and have someone else do it, then have them send it back.

uh, yeah. There are like 60 files I need to copy stuff from and I'm only gonna have more. These are school papers. I need to copy important stuff from them into one document for study purposes. That's be a pain in the butt to do. lol