Freaking out!

Sapphy

What you do is get you some 5/8 " ball-bearings or 3/4" nuts. When someone rides your ass like that, start chucking them over your shoulder, takes a few tosses before you zero in on the windshield, but once you do they tend to adjust their attitude. Sure, its illegal, dangerous and mean-spirited, but he can't prove you tossed it, the danger is mostly to him and he shouldn't have fucked with you in the first place. My guess is that this human-shaped pile of cess-ridden filth caught his woman in bed with a biker and has a shit-ton of misdirected hostility at anyone on two wheels. I also recommend getting a license to carry a hand gun in case he follows you and wants to work you over with his tire thumper. Just my $.02, probably won't be a very popular suggestion but I firmly believe in defending yourself from the stupids.

I'm not an aggressive driver at all. But if you throw something at me while driving or riding, I will do unspeakable things.

I'M NOT DEFENDING THE ASSHAT, but how much is more than enough in your opinion?

there was about 2.5 to 3 car lengths opening. Given we where doing 25-30mph IMO i felt that was a safe opening.

The OP did the smartest thing she could' date=' considering her circumstances. I don't know if I would have stuck around for as long as she did, though. However, if she didn't feel comfortable/confident that she could have slalomed her way out of there.. then she made a reasonable choice. [/quote']

Thank You

... The thing that aggravated me is slow vehicles that home up the left and middle lane especially in cbus. If people want to go the same speed do it in the same lane don't hold up all the lanes...

I hate that too. I see A LOT of Pennsylvania people doing that, and I have to scratch my head because they give out tickets for that over there (left lane and not passing). I guess the law is there because these inbred morons have a problem understanding what a passing lane is for. I just wish they would implement the same law on the Ohio turnpike.

I'll be trucking along at 85mph, and come up on a jam-up of cars, and inevitably there will be a couple people doing their thing in the right and center lanes, and 3 people bumper to bumper in the left lane, the one in front having a PA plate. Totally clueless.

there was about 2.5 to 3 car lengths opening. Given we where doing 25-30mph IMO i felt that was a safe opening.

FYI 2.5 to 3 car lengths is less than 60 feet do you think that truck can stop before hitting you at 35 mph if traffic suddenly stopped? At 60 mph it takes a football field for a fully loaded truck to stop at 25-30 its going to take over half a football field and possibly more if brakes are hot which stop and gu traffic causes.

I' m not defending him I'm justifying to educate you on the stopping distance of a truck. Depending on the number of axles a dump truck can weigh just as much as a tractor trailer.

Nothing justifies his actions unless you threatened his life like pointing a gun at him, and then all bets off because the person pulling the gun is the aggressor. I've had it happen.

Yes in PA I believe the law is you have 3 minutes to pass the vehicle. Although most people just cruise in the left lane.

If you think traffic is worse since trucks got to speed up your not completely wrong it has but not due to the speed up. Every day, week, year there are more and more vehicles on the road that is the problem. I remember 12-15 years ago riding in the truck with my dad and you didn't have 50 cars pass you in a 10 hr shift it seemed now I have 50 cars pass me in less than 5 minutes. There are too many people on the interstate and not enough interstate. I personally believe we need 6 lane divided minimum east of the Mississippi river. People in general don't know how to drive they don't use blinkers, talk on their cell, tail gate, can't merge (pet preeve), run high seems at night, play the trumpet while driving with their knees in heavy traffic. Basically people can't drive safely or refuse to.

• Upvote 1

anyone that rides my ass on a bike deserves a ball bearing through their windshield. i'm willing to bet that 9/10 of people back off after that, it's one thing to be a dick in a car, riding someone's ass with seemingly no consequences. It is a completely different situation to be riding someone's ass and get a 4 oz ball of hardened chromed steel imbedded in your windshield at 55 or so mph....it also makes them instinctively slam on the brakes. 9/10 people will do anything to avoid an actual fight and the other 1/10 can suck it.

anyone that rides my ass on a bike deserves a ball bearing through their windshield. i'm willing to bet that 9/10 of people back off after that, it's one thing to be a dick in a car, riding someone's ass with seemingly no consequences. It is a completely different situation to be riding someone's ass and get a 4 oz ball of hardened chromed steel imbedded in your windshield at 55 or so mph....it also makes them instinctively slam on the brakes. 9/10 people will do anything to avoid an actual fight and the other 1/10 can suck it.

If someone is riding your ass you should assume they can read your license plate already.

You throw crap up onto someone's windshield then you should be prepared to be chased until you stop for the police (or to get beated up / shot), or you can go home and wait for the police. BTW, that could be reckless endangerment - which can be a life-changing felony conviction. That could even lead to manslaughter charges if you cause a wreck that kills someone.

In a similar situation it is best to get as much identifying information as safely as possible and GTFO. Accelerate, slow, stop, ride up the embankment and through a field, whetever is reasonable under the circumstances. I wouldn't hesitate to lane-split if staying put put me in danger of death.

E-thuggery is all fun and games, by in the real world any action that you undertake to try to damage a moving vehicle in attempt to make it stop will takes you out of victim status and make you a criminal yourself.

FYI 2.5 to 3 car lengths is less than 60 feet do you think that truck can stop before hitting you at 35 mph if traffic suddenly stopped? At 60 mph it takes a football field for a fully loaded truck to stop at 25-30 its going to take over half a football field and possibly more if brakes are hot which stop and gu traffic causes.

I' m not defending him I'm justifying to educate you on the stopping distance of a truck. Depending on the number of axles a dump truck can weigh just as much as a tractor trailer.

I would guess the OP had enough room for the situation. As I said, I have been doing this commute for over 10 years. Normal scenario on that part of 23 is that the right lane backs up between 7:15 and 8:00 in the morning as everyone tries to get to work. Last part of the road before getting on the outerbelt and 315 is a fairly steep uphill run with several traffic lights. The road rage occurs when traffic in the right lane has been sitting there for 30 impatient minutes of stop and go and then cars from the left lane jump over to the exit between the last light and the exit. This is not illegal, most people do it OK but certainly some believe they have more of a right to get to work faster than you! I have seen some really pissed drivers in the right lane when people do this to them.(I have been one of them depending on if the asshat forces his way in front of me without signalling or anything!) Trucks are rowing through the gears just to get moving at that location so they are pretty slow at that point and then a bunch of vehicles jump in front of them for the exit and kill any momentum they do have. Once they get moving they usually don't let anyone in for the exit. I probably witness that scenario play out once a month and there is usually a fender bender there every 2 weeks when 2 cars go for the same gap at the same time. Some drivers handle it better than others but that is why I don't like to ride the motorcycle over that section on a morning commute.

I would guess the OP had enough room for the situation. As I said, I have been doing this commute for over 10 years. Normal scenario on that part of 23 is that the right lane backs up between 7:15 and 8:00 in the morning as everyone tries to get to work. Last part of the road before getting on the outerbelt and 315 is a fairly steep uphill run with several traffic lights. The road rage occurs when traffic in the right lane has been sitting there for 30 impatient minutes of stop and go and then cars from the left lane jump over to the exit between the last light and the exit. This is not illegal, most people do it OK but certainly some believe they have more of a right to get to work faster than you! I have seen some really pissed drivers in the right lane when people do this to them.(I have been one of them depending on if the asshat forces his way in front of me without signalling or anything!) Trucks are rowing through the gears just to get moving at that location so they are pretty slow at that point and then a bunch of vehicles jump in front of them for the exit and kill any momentum they do have. Once they get moving they usually don't let anyone in for the exit. I probably witness that scenario play out once a month and there is usually a fender bender there every 2 weeks when 2 cars go for the same gap at the same time. Some drivers handle it better than others but that is why I don't like to ride the motorcycle over that section on a morning commute.

Yes, that is pretty much the situation, and most of the times I am in the right lane waiting and having people run up and jump over. I do not make it a habit of doing that. Part of the issue that day was Park Rd is closed due to train track repair. I had to go up to Lazelle rd to get over onto 23. This change really messed the flow of traffic up, it I got locked in that left lane longer then I would like, so I opted to wait until after the light at Campus View to try to get over.

Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. What that dump truck did was a direct assault on her life, and I believe a person has the right to self defense by any means available.

You will be judged harshly if you do anything other than ride away.

Yes, that is pretty much the situation, and most of the times I am in the right lane waiting and having people run up and jump over. I do not make it a habit of doing that. Part of the issue that day was Park Rd is closed due to train track repair. I had to go up to Lazelle rd to get over onto 23. This change really messed the flow of traffic up, it I got locked in that left lane longer then I would like, so I opted to wait until after the light at Campus View to try to get over.

I drove that way every day for years. I would be in the right lane at Nissan North and stary there until i got to the freeway. After you've been waiting in line for 30 minutes to an hour it can be very difficult to let someone bypass the whole backup and sneak in front of you - especially when you know that the only reason you ar ebeing held up for an hour is because people are bypassing the whole backup and sneaking in front of the people in front of you.

I won't go out of my way to let people in past the campus light. Before then I'll let you in if you signal. After the campus light I'm going to maintain my speed/course. If you can find a way in then whatever. But I'm not going to slow the cars behind me down even more. And I'm not going to chase you down for getting in front of me, that's idiotic.

Oh and I know how easy it is to get stuck it the left lane - sometimes the right lane backup starts suddenly at the Huntington Bank and then it because really tough to get across because that lane is stopped and the lane you are in is still moving to full speed.

Edited by Scruit

I drove that way every day for years. I would be in the right lane at Nissan North and stary there until i got to the freeway. After you've been waiting in line for 30 minutes to an hour it can be very difficult to let someone bypass the whole backup and sneak in front of you - especially when you know that the only reason you ar ebeing held up for an hour is because people are bypassing the whole backup and sneaking in front of the people in front of you.

I won't go out of my way to let people in past the campus light. Before then I'll let you in if you signal. After the campus light I'm going to maintain my speed/course. If you can find a way in then whatever. But I'm not going to slow the cars behind me down even more. And I'm not going to chase you down for getting in front of me, that's idiotic.

Oh and I know how easy it is to get stuck it the left lane - sometimes the right lane backup starts suddenly at the Huntington Bank and then it because really tough to get across because that lane is stopped and the lane you are in is still moving to full speed.

^This :cheers:

So much more enjoyable to ride over to 315 or Riverside. Its 15-20 minutes out of my way but much less stressful from a traffic viewpoint! When I ride I get to work in a cheerful mood, when I take 23 in the truck, I am usually pissed off by the time I get to work!

Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. What that dump truck did was a direct assault on her life, and I believe a person has the right to self defense by any means available.

Not keeping an assured clear distance..... perhaps reckless op. Versus felony assault and upwards. Dump Truck was wrong. Throwing shit at cars is wrongerer. Skinny kid on bike will not win versus angry cage or jury of 12.

Not keeping an assured clear distance..... perhaps reckless op. Versus felony assault and upwards. Dump Truck was wrong. Throwing shit at cars is wrongerer. Skinny kid on bike will not win versus angry cage or jury of 12.

Skinny kid on bike going to PMITA prison when I wheel my child in to the courtroom in a wheelchair becuase said biker forgot the difference between ethuggery and the real world and my minivan got caught up in the multi-car wreck caused by said biker throwing crap at some truck he was unhappy with.

• Upvote 1

Not sure how a chipped windshield is going to cause a multi-car pile up or where you got the idea I was a 'skinny kid'. I'm 32 yrs old, 5'9" 220 and obviously of a different school of thought than those of the 'run away' crowd. And in the op's situation she had no safe route of escape or she would have used it. I also don't practice 'e-thuggery', which I guess is someone suggesting that I'm full of shit and don't have a couple nuts in the pocket of my riding jacket right now. I also know the law, and that a driver can go ahead and take down my plate number and call the cops. The cops can come to my house and ask me if I threw anything at them and I can simply deny it. Unless a cop sees me do it or there are other credible witnesses willing to testify in court, I wouldn't even be arrested. Bottom line: if someone in a car is actively and purposefully putting my life in danger, I'm going to defend myself if it comes down to that or getting run over by a dump truck.

Or if they have a dashcam, or fingerprints from the nut lodged in the windshield. Two wrongs don't make a right, but three left's will. You also run the risk of severely pissing off a roadrager and they run your ass plum over of course then you won't have to worry about that those you leave behind will. It's best not to piss of a person more that is already enraged as people are CRAZY. Car or truck vs motorcycle in a collision motorcycle loses every time.

Not sure how a chipped windshield is going to cause a multi-car pile up or where you got the idea I was a 'skinny kid'. I'm 32 yrs old, 5'9" 220 and obviously of a different school of thought than those of the 'run away' crowd. And in the op's situation she had no safe route of escape or she would have used it. I also don't practice 'e-thuggery', which I guess is someone suggesting that I'm full of shit and don't have a couple nuts in the pocket of my riding jacket right now. I also know the law, and that a driver can go ahead and take down my plate number and call the cops. The cops can come to my house and ask me if I threw anything at them and I can simply deny it. Unless a cop sees me do it or there are other credible witnesses willing to testify in court, I wouldn't even be arrested. Bottom line: if someone in a car is actively and purposefully putting my life in danger, I'm going to defend myself if it comes down to that or getting run over by a dump truck.

And if someone is putting your life in danger you're going to take your hand off the bars, dig in your jacket with your gloves hand to retrieve nuts/ball bearings and put a chip in their windshield? (I thought it was referred to a "embedded in their windshield" earlier?)

A bike can get away from a dump truck, it's that simple. Split lanes if needed.

And you'd be surprised how easily a startled driver can lose control on the freeway.

No need for ball bearings and lug nuts. I just point my 9mm at their windshield and watch 'em fall behind like the Cleveland Browns in a playoff game.

Finally, someone brings REAL SOLUTIONS to the table. :bow:

So, do you point it over your shoulder, or do you lock the throttle, stand up , turn around, sit back down facing backwards and put the red do right on the trucker's forehead?

I need a bike-size trunk monkey. Sort of a "Motorcycle Macaque". Give the little bugger a Derringer. How'd you like me now, ladies? :cool:

I need to get one of those long triangle stop sticks and mount it across the back of my rear wheel up under the hard cases, held in place by strong magnets. Then I can just pull on the string attached to the magnets and drop that puppy right in front of their tire. Then when the polcie show up I say; "Sure, I'll confess to driving around with a stop stick release mechanism attached to my bike just as soon as you point it out to me on my bike. :D

Finally, someone brings REAL SOLUTIONS to the table. :bow:

So, do you point it over your shoulder, or do you lock the throttle, stand up , turn around, sit back down facing backwards and put the red do right on the trucker's forehead?

I need a bike-size trunk monkey. Sort of a "Motorcycle Macaque". Give the little bugger a Derringer. How'd you like me now, ladies? :cool:

I need to get one of those long triangle stop sticks and mount it across the back of my rear wheel up under the hard cases, held in place by strong magnets. Then I can just pull on the string attached to the magnets and drop that puppy right in front of their tire. Then when the polcie show up I say; "Sure, I'll confess to driving around with a stop stick release mechanism attached to my bike just as soon as you point it out to me on my bike. :D

Well thought-out............ for a skinny white kid.

I saw the dump truck again today.

I was on my way to work, coming down 315. Up ahead I see the Worthington police has someone pulled over. As i get closer I see it is a dump truck with a black bucket, my heart skips a little with the thought that maybe it could be with a little luck, that ass hat from last week getting some payback. I slow down a little. as I get up there, the biggist smile evrn formed on my face, it was him!!!!! I don't know what he was pulled over for, but I felt a little better that at least now the law might help get is attitude in check.

Another reason to have a fast bike. It's much easier to get away from these types.

if your bike isn't faster than a freightliner dump truck, there is something terribly wrong with it; like you're dragging an anchor, or don't have any air in the tires.

if your bike isn't faster than a freightliner dump truck, there is something terribly wrong with it; like you're dragging an anchor, or don't have any air in the tires.

I can definitely see how a smaller bike could feel confined enough by freeway traffic to be 'stuck'. Just lane-split, though, and get over into the next lane, then onto the shoulder and stop. Seems most likely to me that the truck will be 'swept away' with the traffic flow. If the truck also stops then you call the police.

I have a bluethooth intercom for when I'm 2-up with my son - and it has a phone connection too but I've resisted hooking that up because i want to avoid distraction as much as possible. Stories like this make me wanna hook it up, tho. If you could all the police while he's following you then the police could observe and stop him. Or murphy's law states that he quits following before the police arrive, which is also an acceptable outcome.