need a 555 update

2talltim

alternatives?

please share!

555 is very twisty, but has poor sight lines, lots of blind hills, and the pavement is sketchy at best. Kind of like 536, it's worth riding once just to say you did, but there are more entertaining roads in the area. Also like 536, 555 has a high frequency of bikes going down.

When I am down that way, I make a point to ride 550 and 377 (which both cross 555) and skip 555 entirely.

Of course this is just my opinion. YMMV.

Update: 555 is the most over rated road in Ohio. Carry on.
555 is very twisty, but has poor sight lines, lots of blind hills, and the pavement is sketchy at best. Kind of like 536, it's worth riding once just to say you did, but there are more entertaining roads in the area. Also like 536, 555 has a high frequency of bikes going down.

When I am down that way, I make a point to ride 550 and 377 (which both cross 555) and skip 555 entirely.

Of course this is just my opinion. YMMV.

One of my favorite roads in the country. Lots of other good roads in the area, but I would never go down there and not ride 555.

One of my favorite roads in the country. Lots of other good roads in the area, but I would never go down there and not ride 555.

I agree. The challenge is the fun. You can't find a rhythm to that road! Add in gravel, blind rises with unpredictable turns, and goats (yes, I almost hit a goat on 555), and it's a heck of a challenge to ride smoothly.

Not really looking for a wild twistie ride, will be going with my slower cruiser crowd, I've been on the nickle before so I didn't really need a review just wanted road status, thanks for the info guys

• 1 month later...

So part is closed this year? They were re surfacing a portion running south out of Zanesville early last summer so on that run we had to forego riding it, but hadn't been back this summer. Bet its a beautiful scenic ride this time of the year...