Aug 30th Mid Ohio

alienpi

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a great time! I got slower as the day went on... which I never heard of before.. but it was still a great time as always. It looked like Kyle took some good photos so I'm looking forward to getting those and updating my Facebook with pics newer than the 2009 season, haha.

My second time at MidOhio, last time was a while ago in Novice, my main focus was on lines, apexes and gearing (which wasn't the best), wasn't worried about lap times ect..

Some of you guys were really rolling out there, made some really good safe passes on me :bow:, which I wasn't comfortable at all doing myself in the turns :(. Maybe after some time at that track I can hopefuly keep up with you guys better. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtfexGjoMN0

fitz

http://trackmaster.trackaroo.com/welcome

All it is really is an app for your phone :cool:

It works very well, easy once you learn how to use it, and inexpensive.

I got a bluetooth gps to improve the sampling rate and for ease of use to go with it, but it's pretty amazing everything you can do with it, personally I think it works in some ways better than a GPS laptimer that cost $600.

There is a bit of a learning curve at first though. :)

fitz

fitz - that's cool as hell.

Do I have this straight?:

External bluetooth GPS receiver feeds Android phone running Trackmaster with better GPS info. Both devices are carried in/on the bike/rider. Trackmaster app exports recorded location+time data in RaceChrono format. RachChrono program is used to overlay telemetry data onto a video.

You have to manually sync the video and overlay right?

I will be there shooting photos nearly all day and displaying and selling photos in Garage 7 same place as registration. It is important to note that the photos will not be available for viewing on-line so please be sure to stop by to see Kristy and check out the photos on the screens.

What's the time frame for the disc to be mailed out?

fitz - that's cool as hell.

Do I have this straight?:

External bluetooth GPS receiver feeds Android phone running Trackmaster with better GPS info. Both devices are carried in/on the bike/rider. Trackmaster app exports recorded location+time data in RaceChrono format. RachChrono program is used to overlay telemetry data onto a video.

You have to manually sync the video and overlay right?

Yes you are correct :bow:

Yes you have to sync the video and the overlay, the easiest way that I have found is when you get to the track find the start/finish on the track (white line on the front straight), mark it (with the phone, don't walk out on the track :)), then on your video when you see you crossing that line that's where you will sync with your RaceChrono "vid".

The biggest pain is finding a place for your phone, I've put the phone in a plastic bag (sweat might kill your phone) in the pocket of my leathers, but I think I've figured out a good way to put it on the bike.

I do pay $5 a month insurance for the phone so the loss is minimal, wish I could buy that kind of insurance for the rest of the bike.

fitz