New gun thoughts

Jst2fst

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no one gun or combos that do everything and you do get what you pay for. That said, have you checked out any gunshows?

Used guns can be a great value as other people have been in the same boat as you, bought guns and grew out of them. Do to finances or wives, sell them to up grade and as most guns, they devalue as soon as you pull the trigger ( my Kimber lost $200 as soon as I pulled the trigger). Decent used shotguns are fairly cheap and there are dozens of decent .22's are valued priced as well. You could get a 12 GA and a .22 for a couple hundred bucks.

Also look at ammo prices, since 12GA is the most popular caliber, there are more options and is cheaper than 20 GA and a lot cheaper than 410. A good 12GA is also the best home defense weapon you can have. Most shotguns have several different barrels available so you can just switch barrels for slug hunting, longer ones for bird hunting or fun skeet shooting and you can find those used as well.

This very question was answered for me this week. I traded for a 10/22 with a BSA scope. I'll let you know what I think of it as soon as I get to fire it. If ya want to make the trip out this way, you can check it out for yourself.

You could also go over to Swapper's day and droll all over all the guns there, since it's only a few miles from my house.