Hatfield McCoy

bowdog

Its a full system not just a slip on... Any recomendations on who to look at the jets then? I had extreme tech install but they are more Honda guys than anything.

Honda guys wont matter carb tuning is carb tuning no matter the brand. Need someone who is patient and knows what they are doing. Its almost an art form anymore trying different ones and tweaking the mix/air screw till its right. Matt that used to work at UND was the best Id ever seen at it and I had him do all my carb work but he quit. Get online and check the forums and google as well as the exhaust manufacturers website and see what jets and settings are being suggested then look and see what you have.

Bring it down to Gregs ATV here in Coshocton. He can work some magic for ya

If you happen to have his info send it over to me i will get in contact with him... The bike runs like a raped ape the only thing it does is back fires a little with regular gas thats why i run 100 octane. 100 smells better too!! :cool:

I will also caution you against taking your girlfriend on your extra quad unless she is very comfortable on it. The terrain there is unlike anything we have here and is not a place to learn. You will have no cell service in most areas and will be milesfrom any kind of help and hours from a hospital. It is a challenging and very fun place to ride but absolutely not a place to learn

yep, i've rode down there once. Don't remember the name of the trailhead but it was right by logan, wv.

Anyways, 1000rrrider is right, it was extremely hilly with lots of rocks. I was on a 400ex at the time and it made for some slippery steep hill climbs in places. But it was quite possibly the best weekend of my life, lol.

Ok sounds like we are going to have to do a guys only "explorer"trip first and then i will tell her if its worth us going together or not!?!?! :D

I took my wife there a few years back and she is a fairly daring rider, we rode Buffalo Mountain from Matewan to Williamson and stayed on the green and blue trails. When we got to Williamson for lunch she told me I needed to go back by myself, get the trailer and come pick her up. Luckily she was not in a hurry so I rode some single track on my way back and had some major fun. Trailering around the mountain was not the funnest thing to do though. What we do for our wives.:bow:

I took my wife there a few years back and she is a fairly daring rider, we rode Buffalo Mountain from Matewan to Williamson and stayed on the green and blue trails. When we got to Williamson for lunch she told me I needed to go back by myself, get the trailer and come pick her up. Luckily she was not in a hurry so I rode some single track on my way back and had some major fun. Trailering around the mountain was not the funnest thing to do though. What we do for our wives.:bow:

:lol:i can soooo see this kind of thing happening to me!!! I think we are going to check out Walhonding next weekend and after letting her ride there we will make decision from there. no matter what i would like to go though even if we set up a guys only riding trip. might still have to take her along and camp though!! got to have someone to make the sammiches!!! :D

If someone wants to plan a trip down to HM I would be interested in going. I have ridden down there on New Years day in the past and it was awesome. Nobody was there and the weather was perfect for riding off road. Mid 50's and sun was shining.

If you happen to have his info send it over to me i will get in contact with him... The bike runs like a raped ape the only thing it does is back fires a little with regular gas thats why i run 100 octane. 100 smells better too!! :cool:

Phone 1 740.622.9988 Work

Address 130 South Water Street

Coshocton, OH 43812

http://www.gregsatv.com/

Phone 1 740.622.9988 Work

Address 130 South Water Street

Coshocton, OH 43812

http://www.gregsatv.com/

Thanks i will call him. JC i am going to try and get something set up for maybe October... I will start a seperate thread when i figure out and maybe we can get a group ride together?!?!? Should be great weather for the dirt that time of year.

Edited by bowdog