I'd have to be nuts not to take this trade I just got offered... Right?

Josh1234

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

women are too emotional

go with your plan

If Mike / Kevin have time and are willing tomorrow, it's on. ON LIKE DONKEY KONG.

As for tonight, Kristina is making us some Hamburger helper and then we might go bowling, LOL. She's cooking in exchange for me looking up scooters for her to buy :)

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/2565806466.html

Hi i have a 2000 Triumph 955i for sale that needs nothing turn key and ride! ITS FAST AS HELL AND IT IS NOT A V-TWIN MOTOR!!! V-TWINS ARE SLOW!!!It has 9500 mile on it! Call me 440-752-2999!sell/trade open too all trades

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

3n83m83l45V55T45S5b8p37d5ca97d24b1d76.jpg3m33pd3l85Y05V65T4b8p9b790417df381cab.jpg3k03me3l55V55U65S0b8pb83b0673dc061c88.jpg3kf3md3p25O15T25P0b8p51d5c9037b961da2.jpg

PostingID: 2565806466

His grammar is lazy, and he thinks vtwins are slow yet wants your thumper... hoookay then. :rolleyes:

This trader seems like a goober from his ad. I hope you get a deal, but I bet this guy thinks his turd is really a golden egg. Or, your first instinct about something being shady may be the correct one.

Edited by JRMMiii

Hey max a 2000 triumph is not worth much more then the blast being traded maybe he figures it would be easier to get rid of the blast then a 11 year old triumph. I took my speedtriple to the dealer about 3 years ago and only got offered $2700 for a trade in with way more mods done to my bike then this one has.

A Speed Trip for a single lung Buell? Even if they are worth even money (which I dont believe) why would they guy think it would be easier to get rid of the Buell?

No offense to the OP, but that Buell isnt worth beans to anyone but a beginning rider, and even then, it better be cheap.

So Josh you shooting for any certain time today to look at this bike.

As soon as you and/or r1crusher can ride out with me, I'll call him and set up a time... If he answers the phone ;)

I'm not perfectly clear on why he wants to trade/sell. First, it was to get money for his son's car, then on another call he mentioned something about car problems.... He'll ask for cash along with the trade, it's not straight up.... I have a limit in my head about how much I'll throw in and hope to get it for less...

Even older, it's better than a Buell Blast... It's sort of a pain to take my bike on the highway for 1+ hour trips. And it lacks the horsepower to pass someone in any great hurry, too. The bike will happily get me up to 90, but it takes its time getting there. If I'm on the highway and I want to pass someone... I want to be able to twist the throttle and then see them in my rearview.

If it was me I would suggest a cold start. To see how the bike reacts when it is not all warmer up. This can show you more flaws then a warm bike. Such as any oil that may have got past a piston will show as blue smoke on start up, but you may not be able to see any when its hot.