Stayed at Hocking Hills before? Recommendations please.

DGTL GRL

Considering a cabin Hocking Hills for 2-3 nights.

Thinking I may look for a pet-friendly one too so my dog doesn't have to take a trip to the kennel.

Have any of you stayed at any cabins at Hocking Hills?

Recommendations?

Also, what time of year did you go?

I stayed at the cabins right across the street from the rock bridge. they have switched hands since then but they were very nice and let me bring my dog for an extra $25 fee for the long weekend. I think I went around this time of year maybe a bit earlier. I will look for the new name of them . Found it this is the cabin we rented.

http://www.atbouldersedge.com/tallpinesnew.htm

Edited by speedytriple

Wife and I stayed at "Raccoon Ridge" on Blackjack Rd. -- Woodland nestled, hilltop, 3-4 bedroom house with a wrap around deck, hot tub, 2 acre pond, 40 acres of woods to hike around the house -- it was great. It WAS owned by Getaway Cabins but believe it's been sold since we stayed there.......maybe LazyLane Cabins owns it now?? Not sure but if you search online, you'll find tons of good places. Think it cost about $110/wkday and would have been an additional $250 just for Sat/Sun.

But these are 8 year old prices, so may have went up some.......no matter where you'd stay, the hiking there is awesome.