16 and 17 year olds busted racing supercars

Dubguy85

I bought my own first car..... 77 nova with a straight six. twernt no racing that thing....... till I swapped it for a 327. I did stupid crap when I was young but I was on a country road with one other car so if I wiped out it was pretty much me and me alone. Oh.... and super car smuper car....... I hit 155 with that old ass non road huggn sumbitch. LOL

*thinking*... dawn of time... 170+ in a 61 Catalina w/ 389 GTO engine running tri power (3 dueces). Not as crazy as it sounds, other than the tires wouldn't take that very long. Freeways back then might only have a couple of cars on them as far as you could see. Speed limit was 70, and people drove at 100 all the time.

Yeah, didn't do that very often. It attracted a lot of attention.

Actually, we never did know how fast it was, the speedo was buried past the 170 mark.

I was 19. In a 2 dr 63 Ford Fairlane 500. 289 Hi Po. My soon to be new car, was in the process of making a trade with my brother. No idea about the "minor details". With a car in front of me, waiting to make a right turn onto Memorial dr. Not knowing 2 cars behind me...was an officer. Light turns green, car in front of me moves just enough so i can squeeze through and make my turn.

I yank the wheel hard (No ps) and slam the gas to the floor. No cars in the way, surprisingly got enough green lights to hit 90 passing carnival foods. I'm gonna go with...the officer was driving really slow. Because, i stop at the red light. Go through, and then and ONLY then...at the next light near the mall do i notice him behind me. Soon as i make my left, the lights fly on.

The exhaust was crazy loud, but i didn't know they were straight pipes. The plates were to a 90 camaro. No registration. The officer asked what was up with the seatbelts, 1963 and before do not require them. He also mentioned my exhaust, and then told me to park the car and let me go.

It goes without saying i got very lucky. That was probably the nicest officer i ran into, or he just had a thing for old cars. :dunno: