Please comment on my CL For sale post - Buell Blast

Josh1234

Welp, the long ad said $2500, the short one said $2,000, and my buyer saw both. Asked me why I had two ads w/ different prices, and I explained that I wanted a long, thorough ad with my asking price, but some friends talked me into posting a shorter ad with my bottom line.

He said "OK," and got a ride here to test ride it, and took it home w/ him for 2K. I maybe could've gotten another $250 if I'd posted it at 2500 in both, after haggling, but this way it's like I did my haggling online.

Drat... I should've asked him which ad he liked better....... Would've settled the debate ;)

In any event, thank you for your opinions & advice, everyone, the bike was sold successfully, so it's a win :)

Congratulatoins Josh! So what's next??? :popcorn:

Quite possibly a Kawasaki z750s.

Ad sucks. You'll never sell it. Ever.

I shouldn't have let you guys talk me into posting it for $2,000 :)

Still, though, I can't really complain, considering the profit I made after riding it for a year :) 66% profit margin :) GF is trying to talk me into being a salesman now, haha.

Quite possibly a Kawasaki z750s.

I shouldn't have let you guys talk me into posting it for $2,000 :)

Still, though, I can't really complain, considering the profit I made after riding it for a year :) 66% profit margin :) GF is trying to talk me into being a salesman now, haha.

You sold the bike in 6 days in a shitty economy, during the end of the season, for $30 more than blue book RETAIL, for a 66% profit. I'd say you priced it right. No one would have called at $2500. They are listing for $1500 in Columbus and still aren't selling.