Advanced Firearms Training Class

MidgetTodd

Hey - anyone interested in Force-on-Force training?

I have an email in with Three Tango in the Cleveland area about their April 15th Force-on-Force training to find out how many spaces they have left.

To me, this is the next logical step in training after the course we took this past weekend. Force-on-Force is all about threat determination, decision making and confrontation management. This is where they have real role plays set up (I think it's simunitions - asking...) and you'll be presented with real people interacting with you in simulated situations where you have to make decisons about if the situation is a defensive one, how to handle it. This is common sense to me to take this kind of training.

They have 8 places per class, next class is April 15th. Dunno how many spaces available. If there is enough interest we may want to see about having them run a special class for us.

Any thougths?

Edited by Scruit

Hey - anyone interested in Force-on-Force training?

I have an email in with Three Tango in the Cleveland area about their April 15th Force-on-Force training to find out how many spaces they have left.

To me, this is the next logical step in training after the course we took this past weekend. Force-on-Force is all about threat determination, decision making and confrontation management. This is where they have real role plays set up (I think it's simunitions - asking...) and you'll be presented with real people interacting with you in simulated situations where you have to make decisons about if the situation is a defensive one, how to handle it. This is common sense to me to take this kind of training.

They have 8 places per class, next class is April 15th. Dunno how many spaces available. If there is enough interest we may want to see about having them run a special class for us.

Any thougths?

sounds expensive

It does sound good, but cost would be an issue.

$100 for 6-7 hours.

http://www.threetango.com/courses/forceonforce.html

You must have taken a CCW course before signing up for this class. You do not need to have your license yet.

Force-on-force has been called future of personal combat training. This course is 100% scenario-based, force-on-force combative training and will connect what you do on the range with what you must do on the street to survive a gunfight.

Typical “square range” based gun training leaves many questions unanswered. While training on the range can help you learn and condition in the fundamentals of shooting, it offers little chance to mentally prepare for a real-world deadly force encounter. In the reality of an actual gunfight time become compressed, your vision will begin to tunnel and your fingers turn into flippers. You will lose manual dexterity and stress will slow your thinking process – something - either of which can cost you your life.

Three Tango’s force-on-force training is the closest you will ever get to actually being in a gunfight, short of being in one. This training is high-intensity, physically challenging and you will may get some minor bumps and bruises. But long after they heal you will still carry the knowledge and skills you developed here.

Scenarios you will encounter:

•Defusing hostile situations

•Retreating as a best option

•Defending against a bad guy with a gun

•Defending against a bad guy with a knife

•Dealing with multiple bad guys

•Shooting your way out of “the hole”

Course duration: 1 day (6-7 hours)

Course tuition: $100.00

Course student limit: 8

Student requirements: Long sleeve sweatshirt, full length pants, comfortable shoes. All other safety gear will be provided.

Recommended equipment: Rain gear, sunscreen, insect repellent and water.

Ammunition requirements: NO GUNS, NO AMMUNITION, NO KNIVES ARE ALLOWED AT THIS TRAINING. ALL STUDENTS WILL BE PHYSICALLY PATTED DOWN PRIOR TO TRAINING AND AFTER ALL BREAK PERIODS.

I'm assuming it's simunitions. This is not a classroom thing - this is real drills.

For those who don't know what simunitions are - think regular pistols converted to fire paintballs on steroids.

http://simunition.com/en/products/fx_marking_cartridges

Normal semi-auto pistols, converted to fire simunitions. When you get hit YOU KNOW IT. Not paintballs, and not all classroom tlaking about stuff.

This is Force-On-Force training at a school in NJ. This is what the Three Tango class is like (according to their website - I am working to confirm)

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military/weapons/a-day-of-intense-force-on-force-handgun-training

Edited by Scruit

I'll pass. I'd prefer to send some lead downrange. It sounds like a good class though.

simunitions is the best training you can get when it comes to practicing drills like this...it allows you to shoot at live targets instead of paper...its a neat system, ive seen some demos on it before