Yeungling signs and billboards

YSR_Racer_99

Had to run north up I75 this morning, from south of Dayton to north of it, and saw a few Yeungling billboards along the way. Local quick stop (Settlers Walk) has a sign in the window stating that we'll get it 10/31/11. The Bud distributor was there while I was, so I asked him if they would be the ones distributing it, which he confirmed. He says theres a lot of excitement around it.

I think I'll have a welcoming party at my house. What day of the week is that????

;)

And here come the beer snobs.

My wife gave me Beer of the Month for a gift. IPA's taste like fermented horse urine. And thats only if you can get past the smell. I like mild, very cold beer that doesn't burn my nose. If that makes me "less sophisticated", then so be it. I don't pretend to be sophisticated in any other part of my life, and I'm too old to drink crap beer just because it will raise my standing as a "beer connoisseur". I don't care. I like what I like. I like Yeungling, whether its a "forbidden fruit" that I can only get a few times a year or not.

My liver and kidneys are just gonna have to adjust.

And here come the beer snobs.

My wife gave me Beer of the Month for a gift. IPA's taste like fermented horse urine. And thats only if you can get past the smell. I like mild, very cold beer that doesn't burn my nose. If that makes me "less sophisticated", then so be it. I don't pretend to be sophisticated in any other part of my life, and I'm too old to drink crap beer just because it will raise my standing as a "beer connoisseur". I don't care. I like what I like. I like Yeungling, whether its a "forbidden fruit" that I can only get a few times a year or not.

My liver and kidneys are just gonna have to adjust.

Not attacking you... You like what you do, and so do I. IBU's in a good IPA are a bit over the top for most beer drinkers, I just happen to like it. I'd still drink a Yeungling if offered to me (for free). lol

It's a good tasting cheaper beer

exactly. thats the whole point.

of course you cant compare it to some high falutin hoity toity microbrew, or some super special IPA (that tastes like a gym sock too lol)

its a cheap beer period. trying to compare it to good beers is just dumb.

when you're going to get shitty and drink a cooler full of beer on saturday at your tailgate, its gonna be bud light/miller/coors/natty/pbr something like that. you arent drinking 15 goose islands, or 15 founders breakfast stouts.

yuengling is on the level of bud/coors/miller etc. but IMO better tasting than those.

exactly. thats the whole point.

of course you cant compare it to some high falutin hoity toity microbrew, or some super special IPA (that tastes like a gym sock too lol)

its a cheap beer period. trying to compare it to good beers is just dumb.

when you're going to get shitty and drink a cooler full of beer on saturday at your tailgate, its gonna be bud light/miller/coors/natty/pbr something like that. you arent drinking 15 goose islands, or 15 founders breakfast stouts.

yuengling is on the level of bud/coors/miller etc. but IMO better tasting than those.

Well said and I agree.........I am a fan of their Porter the most.

super special IPA (that tastes like a gym sock too lol)

Hahaha... You guys would not like my brew... I usually aim for maximum hop utilization. While John is chewing on his gym socks, there is a place on Polaris and Old State road (I think it's called On The Vine) that has Buckeye Hippie IPA. This is a good not so over the top IPA. :D

Hahaha... You guys would not like my brew... I usually aim for maximum hop utilization. While John is chewing on his gym socks, there is a place on Polaris and Old State road (I think it's called On The Vine) that has Buckeye Hippie IPA. This is a good not so over the top IPA. :D

From the Vine and its where I go if I can. They have a decent although small selection. Im hoping to start brewing my own in the next month or so. Getting to expensive or I drink to much.... :confused:

Hoppin Frog's Hop Dam is pretty tasty' date=' in a sweaty hockey bag kind of way.[/quote']

lol

What is a bit over the top for me sometimes (although I still drink it) is Bells Two Hearted. Centennial hop overload... lol Centennial is SO citrusy.

Troegs Hopback is yummy.......

I'll keep an eye out for these..

From the Vine and its where I go if I can. They have a decent although small selection. Im hoping to start brewing my own in the next month or so. Getting to expensive or I drink to much.... :confused:

You are so close to me we could set up a brew day. I've been meaning to get together with some brewers around here.

If you do decide you wan't to brew, do your self a favor. Don't brew from a premade malt kit. MAKE your own by brewing all grain. It's worth it in cost, quality/flexibility of product, and sense of accomplishment.

Good book: http://www.howtobrew.com/intro.html

A simple backyard mash tun made out of a CPVC manifold and a cooler, and a turkey fryer setup is all you need to get started. Well, and a fermenter...

I don't always drink beer.. but when I do.. Its Yuengling..

No seriously, tailgating or beer pong Yuengling and Blue Light are about all I can stomach. Other than that there's some microbrews here and there that I've enjoyed.

I was so damn tired of having to run to PA or WV to get my fix..

• 4 weeks later...
You are so close to me we could set up a brew day. I've been meaning to get together with some brewers around here.

If you do decide you wan't to brew, do your self a favor. Don't brew from a premade malt kit. MAKE your own by brewing all grain. It's worth it in cost, quality/flexibility of product, and sense of accomplishment.

Good book: http://www.howtobrew.com/intro.html

A simple backyard mash tun made out of a CPVC manifold and a cooler, and a turkey fryer setup is all you need to get started. Well, and a fermenter...

Ill be in touch when I start looking to get some equipment and more serious about.

Edited by Mykill