Drown out the Westboro baptist church

TheBrown57

I wish I could actively participate in this but I unfortunately dont have a bike anymore :( but that aside heres the story.

I don' know if any of you have heard but the infamous Westboro baptist church is coming to Ohio on Oct 25th to picket at The Ohio Union at Ohio State, Oak hills high school, Miami University in Oxford and Hilliard Davidson High school.

All of this is thanks to a Miami professor inviting them to be interviewed in his religion class people got pissed so Miami cancelled the appointment. They had already bought there tickets so they are still coming our way.

I despise this group like no other but its a free country so lets express ourselves near by by reving our engines while they "preach".

Dates and times

October 25th

The Ohio Union

11:15am-11:45am

Oak Hills

2:40pm-3:10pm

Miami Oxford

4:15pm-4:45pm

October 26th

Hilliard Davidson

7:10am-7:40am

My idea is to get as many as we can nearby the group and just make more noise than them nothing more. The more straight pipes the better :D

EDIT*

Ok had time to think it through idk y I came up with this other than I just thought of them protesting a family member funeral and I went a little over board my bad guys. I have to agree with Isaac and conn. Maybe I'll just drive by and do a little smoke out in a friends Diesel :D

:rantoff:

Edited by TheBrown57

I have to agree with conn-e on this one - if they are picketing a soldier's funeral, I'm there and am obstructing their protest as much as I can, but if they're just flapping their gums...

Any idea what they might be protesting at OSU? Are they there to continue their "God hates fags" and "God hates soldiers" rants?

I believe in the Constitution and the right it gives them to spew their hatred - UNLESS it's at a soldier's funeral, in which case they need to stfu, gtfo, and go home. Can't scream "fire" in a crowded theater, shouldn't be able to interrupt funerals, imho.

• Upvote 1

Ok had time to think it through idk y I came up with this other than I just thought of them protesting a family member funeral and I went a little over board my bad guys. I have to agree with Isaac and conn. Maybe I'll just drive by and do a little smoke out in a friends Diesel :D

:rantoff:

It wouldn't be an "OR.net Sponsored Event"' date=' so he can't really do much about it.. other than post up his opinion on the matter. Riders are free to do whatever/whenever, so long as they aren't doing it in the name of OR.net.

One of the unfortunate pitfalls of having a forum, stickers and t-shirts. He can't be responsible for the actions of everyone on the board. Unfortunately, if the media gets a hold of any antics.. they'll spin it whichever way they please.[/quote']

For the record I don't have any OR emblems or stickers on anything

I really dislike that "church", but hate only begets more hate. No sense in us folks going and looking like jerks because they look like jerks. Nobody listens to their "message" anyways. I think a more appropriate message from motorcyclists in the area would be to simply go and show support for those they plan to protest. That's just my opinion though.

...Maybe I'll just drive by and do a little smoke out in a friends Diesel
My 3/4 ton with the Aeroturbine exhaust can easily drown out 10 H-D's with straight pipes...

Anyone else with a loud and/or diesel smoke-emitting pickup wanna go?

OhioLoudSmokingPickups.net (OLSPdN) is organizing a counter-protest... :D

***edit: no motorcycle sites were harmed in the organizing of this protest...

"Power Strokin' is nice, but I'd rather be Cummins..."

Edited by jblosser