Apple Fanboys (and Fangirls)

Casper

The server hosting OR doesn't have PS/2 ports.

What did you use a Mac? :)

I just hit my server room, every recent HP server I have still has them. Which I am happy about since I don't have to buy new KVM's and hook them up. BTW, in that Derbycon thread I linked out the video's of the sessions. Check out Carlos Perez. He get's into OX X Lion, or as he calls it 'The new Vista'.

I just hit my server room, every recent HP server I have still has them. Which I am happy about since I don't have to buy new KVM's and hook them up. BTW, in that Derbycon thread I linked out the video's of the sessions. Check out Carlos Perez. He get's into OX X Lion, or as he calls it 'The new Vista'.

You still use KVM's? :dunno:

you mean like taking portrait shots of yourself in the bathroom mirror? ;)

Lol yea I've seen people do that. I hope they're just trying to show off that they got one and isn't the only camera they have lol

We just got done talking about this in the office as two of the guys on my team are Applebots. Neither are impressed. Overhyped, underdelivered.

To be fair, was Apple the one hyping this? I heard on the radio this morning that they DRASTICALLY scaled-back the event, compared to past events.

Supposedly there were only 250 people or so in attendance.

The further speculation was that there will be something big about the iPod in the next couple months, for its 10-year anniversary (anyone else feel kind of old hearing that? My college roommate had one. It was more expensive than his car at the time :D)

I use my Droid incredible as everything. I don't think I would need to buy a tablet or iPad when it is just like a oversized ipod touch
you mean like taking portrait shots of yourself in the bathroom mirror? ;)
Lol yea I've seen people do that. I hope they're just trying to show off that they got one and isn't the only camera they have lol

6812d1ad.jpg

:lol:

It's integrated into the texting app. It automatically detects whether to use SMS (texting) or the iMessages app depending on whether the receiving person is on iOS or not. You don't have to use separate apps. It's all in one place. The iMessage protocol bypasses the carrier, so no texting charges for those without unlimited texting. Works on the iPod/iPad as well via wireless and data. So even if you don't have a 3g data plan, you can "text" for free to other iOS devices.

"textfree" and "textnow" are free texting apps. I use them both on my iPhone because i refuse to pay $20/month or whatever for unlimited texting. Gets u a free number to use for texting, no text charges

Carie's PC in her office doesn't have PS/2 ports. The PC we bought her mom for Christmas last year doesn't have PS/2 ports. The server hosting OR doesn't have PS/2 ports. It was classified as legacy in 2000 by Intel and Microsoft. It's sometimes still used in corporate environments because of security (USB ports can be disabled completely so no USB drives can be used). But other than that, I don't know a single reason to use PS/2.

This year's DELLs have PS2 ports for both mouse and keyboard.

And lots of USB ports. More than before.

edit: oh, and the parallel port is now gone.

Just watched the keynote and have to say, I may break my iPhone for the warrantee money so I can get this one. I completely forgot the iPhone had voice control so I just went out to my car to see if it would work over Bluetooth and it works great! And that's just the crappy standard music and voice dial control, I can't even begin to think what that would be like with Siri! I'm not gonna be using that in public but when I'm in the car it seems like the greatest thing since slice... I mean the original iPhone! Plus twice the data speed is also very tempting. While I said a 4g iPhone would be the only reason to upgrade, I think this may suffice.

Edited by JStump

All of our new servers have ps/2 ports and they are all Dell and HP

You still use KVM's? :dunno:

Who doesn't use KVMs?

Who doesn't use KVMs?

Yea...now granted Casper was messing with me to redirect the conversation away from Apple's epic fail today but that comment left me scratching my head. Do I walk up to my KVM very often? Nope, in fact I hope I never have to use them and rarely do. But if a server locks on reboot or drops network it sure is nice to just walk in and fix it without having to scrounge around and hook up a monitor and mouse and all that.

Just watched the keynote and have to say, I may break my iPhone for the warrantee money so I can get this one. I completely forgot the iPhone had voice control so I just went out to my car to see if it would work over Bluetooth and it works great! And that's just the crappy standard music and voice dial control, I can't even begin to think what that would be like with Siri! I'm not gonna be using that in public but when I'm in the car it seems like the greatest thing since slice... I mean the original iPhone! Plus twice the data speed is also very tempting. While I said a 4g iPhone would be the only reason to upgrade, I think this may suffice.

What Bluetooth kit do you have in your car? I have this

http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/bluetooth-hands-free-car-kits

Love the integration w factory stereo, but get constant complaints from callers that they can't hear me

I have factory Bluetooth in my Mazda and have nothing but good things to say about it. Probably the best Bluetooth system I have ever used! It syncs within 15 seconds of starting the car, plays everything from my phone including pandora and spotify and everyone says I sound like I'm standing right next to them when I'm talking to them on the phone. Plus all my steering wheel controls work, just waiting on ios5 so I can get ID3 info on the display.

is the id3 you speak of for the text messages?

For song info, right now I just have a blank screen when I stream music but CDs display artist, album, track and other info. This is supposed to be fixed in iOS5 since every other smart phone in earth can already do this lol.