trolling time

Steve Butters

I had some guy start texting me random stuff at ngiht a while back. It happens, rarely more than two messages from one number though. At 5 messages I responded

"Wrong number"

"Who is this"

"Not who you think it is"

Couple days later more texts; "ur l8" and "Get some beer on ur way"

I called the number. It was a short conversation where he accused me of texting him, refused to believe he ever texted me. "How woudl I get your phone number if you never texted me." H eyelled at me to never call him again. I replied; "Ok - I never call you again, you never text me again, deal?". He swore at me then hung up.

Two days later; "Come over after ur homework"

Complained to a frined of mine who, without my permission/knowlegde/approval or any form of liability on my part, posted an online personal in M4M. Number was posted as "Fore sicks nein" etc so you couldn't google it. The ad also said; "If my bf is in the room I will pretend I don't know what you're talking about, will probably tell you not to call again - but call back later anyway. Don't mention this ad or my bf will dump me."

There were replies galore; "Your BF must have been in the room - I'll try again in a couple of hours sweetie."

gotta be careful with the CL ads... i know someone who had that happen to them and they pressed charges...craigslist will give up the email address and IP used to post the ads, and somehow the police find the person...it turned into a nasty ordeal

Meh, wasn't me so I don't care. :) Know what you mean though - those horror stories of CL postings saying; "House abandoned - take all the property". The police woudl definitely want to talk to the poster in that case.

Why would the police be interested in a prank? Violation of a restraining order? What law was broken?

they used my friends business phone number for the ad - so he said it threatened his livelihood or something...i dont really know all the details, i just know he did press charges and it became a big thing

thats about all i feel comfortable talking about it without knowing the exact details, because it was between some people from CR and i think they may be registered here aswell lol

just pointing out in case anybody else was considering it - you can actually get in trouble for it