North Olmstead -Yahama people

gen3flygirl

Would anyone that lives in the North Olmstead area and know a thing about the 07 r6's be able to check out a bike that I am looking to buy? BAD324 found it on cleveland racing, I need to know if it is worth my time/money. The guy is free after 5 most days to show it. I won't be able to get up there before I go out of town this weekend. I would really appreciate any help on this :bow:

I could get out there this weekend, but no earlier.

The '05 r6 should be pretty solid. last year for that generation, so any problems should have been addressed.

Josh, if you end up going, just look for basic stuff.

- weeping fork seals

- any evidence of gasket leaks on the engine

- check under the rear fender/hugger to see if they've been ripping burnouts

- scratches

- electronics (turn signals, and anything else that's chincy, but a pain to fix, or a reason to get pulled over)

- does it start when cold

I also try to check transmissions for 2nd gear issues. To my knowledge, the R6's have never been prone to this, but it seems like a lot of people shift w/o clutching, but do so while keeping the throttle WFO. That can bend the shift-forks, and cause the bike to pop out of 2nd gear during engine-braking. So I try to do that a couple of times, to see if I can force that issue, and find a false neutral.

he's a friend of the guy I bought my 600RR off of and has built some high hp busa's I've seen run. Good guy from what I know and usually does things right it seems so I figure this bike will check out. If I was in a hurry, I woulda just bought it myself but I knew Gen3 has been lookin for a deal so figured I'd pass it on to her first

Sniper, I can forward you the information I got from Gen. I've also had a change of plans and I won't be back up north until the weekend.

Let me know if you want/can check it out for her.

Yeah, send it over. So, she just wants to make sure the bike is in good condition to buy then? I can test ride it, and go over the bike, that's not a problem. Back in the day, I was a bike tech at Kennedy's.

Cool, I'll send you a PM shortly. And yes, she's looking to purchase so you know the drill: overall condition, no leaks (forks, engine, etc.), electronics all functioning, a test ride would be good, cold starts, etc. Also try to make notes of things that might need replacing or servicing like tires, brake fluids, chain, etc.

Those are most of the things I look for/at when doing my inspections but I'm sure you'll check it over well.

Cool, I'll send you a PM shortly. And yes, she's looking to purchase so you know the drill: overall condition, no leaks (forks, engine, etc.), electronics all functioning, a test ride would be good, cold starts, etc. Also try to make notes of things that might need replacing or servicing like tires, brake fluids, chain, etc.

Those are most of the things I look for/at when doing my inspections but I'm sure you'll check it over well.

Got your pm, I'll let you know what he says.

• Upvote 1