Where to get forks and shock resprung?

ama146

I would really prefer a local shop near the Akron/Cleveland area. My bike is set up for 200lbs with gear and I am closer to 165lbs with gear, so I figured I might as well get them resprung over winter.

Also, would you say I should buy the correct springs by myself and just get them installed? Or let the shop or whoever I send them off to get the correct springs for me?

One last question. Does valving in the forks have anything to do with weight? Do I need to start thinking about getting them revalved as well? Or do valves have nothing to do with rider weight.

Thanks!

dont know of any locals... but i send all my stuff to Reuben @ 35 motorsports in indy... its a 4 hr drive to get there for me but way worth it..ACTUALLY i just got home from doing the 8 hour to and from trek today to have full suspension put in and have the wifes fork seal replaced... nuff said

Call him or PM him here Rub35 he will answer all your questions you need he is a great guy

http://35motorsports.com

Edited by TwiztedRabbit

I would really prefer a local shop near the Akron/Cleveland area. My bike is set up for 200lbs with gear and I am closer to 165lbs with gear, so I figured I might as well get them resprung over winter.

Also, would you say I should buy the correct springs by myself and just get them installed? Or let the shop or whoever I send them off to get the correct springs for me?

One last question. Does valving in the forks have anything to do with weight? Do I need to start thinking about getting them revalved as well? Or do valves have nothing to do with rider weight.

Thanks!

It all depends on what you are doing with the bike. If it is OEM stuff, springs will help, but getting a fork kit and a new shock are really going to be the ticket. If street riding, I'd say stick with springs, I guess...

If track riding, you owe it to yourself to do suspension first before anything else.

My suggestion is Reuben at 35 Motorsports (sponsor on here) as he does a good number of members' bikes on here.