Bore out R6 to 1000cc?

imprez55

A guy has a R6 that he is selling that looks completely stock but the ad says its been bored out to a liter :wtf: I highly doubt this is legit, but what is the possibility of someone doing this? I would think you would run into the oil/coolant passages and have tons of problems with heat

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/2632685469.html

gsxr6.jpg

I smell bullshit! that thing would have to be bored over so much, that the reliability of the motor would be compromised. looks like his exhaust is stock. He would need to mod every possible thing on that bike to make that kind of power. But, I could be wrong on this.

when i read that add i did not take it as a 600 bored to 1000....i took it as a 1000 that is bored over (i assumed it was a motor swap)

Good point. I can see both ways now, but I still don't understand why EVERYTHING would be stock except the motor, which would be a fairly involved process especially if it isn't a direct swap. Why would he also lie about the paint?

I highly doubt that claim as well. the R1 engine is quite larger in size and that doesn't look like it's any bigger than the stock r6 motor.

you'd even have to mod the farings as well

I think that guy is just some giant squid dip shit that is trying to bs someone to buy it.

hell he already changed the listing from bored out and race ready to with a R1 motor installed.

Edited by serpentracer

I highly doubt that claim as well. the R1 engine is quite larger in size and that doesn't look like it's any bigger than the stock r6 motor.

you'd even have to mod the farings as well

I think that guy is just some giant squid dip shit that is trying to bs someone to buy it.

hell he already changed the listing from bored out and race ready to with a R1 motor installed.

Yep, bs all day long. :nono:

A quick google search didn't seem to show any signs of anyone actually making the swap and all the issues that there would be to do it. Either this guy is trying to rip someone off or he is a complete jackass squid that was ripped off