New member, not quite a new rider yet

lord_verminaard

Hi everyone, I'm Brendan from Mt. Vernon. I've been interested in getting a motorcycle for quite some time now. I really wanted to take the MSF course this fall, looks like now I probably won't get around to it and will have to wait until the spring. but I'm not in any rush. :)

Still looking for my first bike, my only riding experience prior was a little dirtbike probably 25 years ago, and I've putzed around on quads a time or two, but that's it.

I'm mostly interested in riding for fun and commuting purposes- the style of bike I am looking for are sport/standard, I think I would like a more upright seating position but I also would rather have a bike with sporting tendencies rather than a cruiser. I also really love cafe-racer style bikes a LOT and someday I will probably build one.

My other interests are Volkswagens, I currently have four (well three VW's and one Audi) and I need to thin the herd a little before I can get a bike.

Anyway, glad to be on here and I hope to be on 2 wheels someday soon.

Brendan

Welcome! I rode dirt as a kid, and then had a moped during my early teens. I went 24 years also before getting on 2 wheels again and I'm glad I did. Better late than never, and at least you are past the "19 year old I am invincible" attitude. Good idea to take MSF first. I did it the other way around, but it worked out for me, thankfully!

A good first sport standard and great commuter is the Ninja 500 (ex500).