Lost my job today, anyone hiring?

pittsm

Lost my job of four years today. Won't go into it right now.

I have a bachelors degree in business administration and a class-a cdl(odd combination I know). Been doing human resources for the past few years and recently got my cdl for a side venture, which may now become the main venture, lol.

Anyone know of anything let me know. I'm up for anything and not against moving.

Sent from my extremely awesome captivate...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CSX.com.

Russell Kentucky railroad yard is always hiring.

If you're interested, check it out...or PM me your number and I can talk to you about it.

It's not the best profession one could explore, but it's certainly not the worst.

One a positive note, the railroads business is booming!

Good luck with your search.

CSX.com.

If you're interested, check it out...or PM me your number and I can talk to you about it.

It's not the best profession one could explore, but it's certainly not the worst.

How long have you been working there?

CSX.com.

i have applied there in the past a few times, but i never get called in for an interview. Any tricks?

10yrs. in January.

I was a conductor for 6yrs., and now an engineer.

The pay between the two is not that much, but the engineers get a yearly bonus(contract difference). Last year was 12% of earnings, this year and next is 15%. Bonus is paid on a max potential based on how the company does as a whole. The two previous years we were paid full potential, and I don't see any reason we won't again for this year.

It makes for a nice Christmas bonus in February!

i have applied there in the past a few times, but i never get called in for an interview. Any tricks?

Unfortunately, no.

About the only thing I can recommend is to watch the job listings on the CSX webpage, and apply online every time you see Russell is hiring. If you know anybody that works out of that terminal, they might be able to tell you who to talk to...but I don't work south, and would have no idea. Sorry.

god I hope his student loans are paid off. if not I'm sure he's hating paying for them with a 28k/yr job

If he is only making $28,000 he needs to find a new gig. We will make $75,000 each this year and thats because we took a shorter run with more hometime. The run we run now pays $100,000 per year per driver, and we are home 48 hrs a week.

Look for a mail route I'm not sure who has them in your area but the tractor trailer mail runs pay pretty Damn well.

If he is only making $28,000 he needs to find a new gig. We will make $75,000 each this year and thats because we took a shorter run with more hometime. The run we run now pays $100,000 per year per driver, and we are home 48 hrs a week.

Look for a mail route I'm not sure who has them in your area but the tractor trailer mail runs pay pretty Damn well.

thanks! Is your company hiring? lol

I thought the USPS was going under. Seems like it wouldn't be smart to get into a dying company.

thanks! Is your company hiring? lol

I thought the USPS was going under. Seems like it wouldn't be smart to get into a dying company.

Sent you a pm

I do t see usps going anywhere, but either way the jobs are with contractors. My dad worked for eagle express lines, they handle most all tractor trailer work in cbus I believe.

Lost my job of four years today. Won't go into it right now.

I have a bachelors degree in business administration and a class-a cdl(odd combination I know). Been doing human resources for the past few years and recently got my cdl for a side venture, which may now become the main venture, lol.

Anyone know of anything let me know. I'm up for anything and not against moving.

What was your function in HR? What HR software did you work with? Sometimes the sofware companies will hire people that were once functional users. Some of those jobs are even work from home.

Sent from my home office ;)

What was your function in HR? What HR software did you work with? Sometimes the sofware companies will hire people that were once functional users. Some of those jobs are even work from home.

Sent from my home office ;)

I handled hiring, orientation, workers comp and ironically, unemployment. among other things...

I know a bunch of truck drivers and none of them make that kind of money. if they're doing good they're bringing home $45k.

the only guy I know that makes anything like you do ownes his own fleet (5 with trailers) of trucks.

so he's running a business with 5 and still don't make what you do.

I think you're making that up.

and I was all over trucker forums about 10 months ago asking questions because I honestly wanted to try it. everyone except maybe 2 or 3 of them said never ever pay for a driving school or work for a place that sends you to their schools. (rip off's) and all of them said you will have to start out as a otr driver that pays about $25k -27k tops. and you're on the road for 5-6 weeks at a time with 3-4 days off. some of them even said they've had to sit at places for days waiting for a load and you don't get paid.

Edited by serpentracer