Marco simoncelli has died

natedogg624

Watched it this am with my family - as is our usual sunday morning ritual on a race weekend...my wife looked up from the computer when she heard me exclaim...and then couldn't take the waiting while the announcers discussed. She jumped online and burst into tears after reading the result...disturbing/alarming, and ultimately just really, really sad. Such a young guy with so much talent. Rip #58, the paddock will I'm sure be a much changed place without that hair and humor.

I'm still in shock. Got back from brunch with the family, sat down in a great mood to see what was hopefully going to be a great race with potential for great showings from Bautista, Edwards, and Simoncelli...and this happens. I had a feeling it wasn't going to be a good outcome when I saw him lying there right after it happened. Those guys know to get up and get off the track ASAP if they have any way to do so, but Marco looked like a rag doll cast aside.

I would have expected something bad to happen to him earlier in the season - he was pretty dangerous at one point. He really seemed to get his act together halfway through the year though. This wasn't the result of recklessness - it was a case of absolute tenacity meets "wrong place, wrong time". If Colin and Vale had been a few feet ahead or behind, we may all be saying "DAMN, did you see Simoncelli's save?!". That's racing, though.

they were stating that colin was having a hard time with the accident... i really wonder how Vale is doing because one of the links i was reading he stated he had no idea what he hit.. sic or the bike.. he was quite distrought over the collision stating many times he had nowhere to go

WOW! just can't believe it!! During the early part of the season he was way too reckless, but he for sure settled down and became a great competitor to watch. I've heard he and Rossi were friends as well off the track. I'd agree with 4DAIVI that Rossi may hang his helmet.

Never easy to see a friend pass, but to feel partly involved would be devastating. For sure there was no where to go or do at that speed and distance.

Ride in Peace Marco

Watching this video in slow motion looks like he fell off leaning way hard, then slid back into traffic, then Colin hit him in the back, and Valentino hit him in the head area. I can't imagine getting back on the bike being involved in that. Motogp says Colin broke the shoulder and went home to Texas to recover.

I just cant imagine........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/motorcycling/8844174/Marco-Simoncelli-killed-in-accident-at-Malaysian-MotoGP.html

...I had a feeling it wasn't going to be a good outcome when I saw him lying there right after it happened. Those guys know to get up and get off the track ASAP if they have any way to do so, but Marco looked like a rag doll cast aside...

I don't think he ever knew what hit him, most likely died instantly.

:rip:

Damn! When something goes wrong on a racetrack it goes wrong fast! There's absolutely nothing Colin or Rossi could have done. You can see them both brace for impact in the video, but it was too late to avoid it.

RIP. He was one hell of a rider.

As stated above, I wouldn't be suprised if Rossi retires after this.

I dont think rossi will retire. A brand new season with brand new bones next year, he has the largest fan base in the history of motogp. He would be letting all his fans down and I don't think he would do that. Sure he is probably done for the season but he has alot more left in him. And this is not coming from a rossi fanboy.

I dont think rossi will retire. A brand new season with brand new bones next year, he has the largest fan base in the history of motogp. He would be letting all his fans down and I don't think he would do that. Sure he is probably done for the season but he has alot more left in him. And this is not coming from a rossi fanboy.

I agree that Rossi will probably come back next year, but not becasue of this fans. I think he'd come back because who wants to end their career with the race that your friend and fellow countryman was killed in, nevermind that your bike was one of the two with the unfortunate timing of having hit him. I think the best therapy for both Edwards and Rossi is to go back out and run some live laps at some point. As horrible as they both must feel, they were helpless to avoid Marco, and they themselves must realize that once the suddenness of this is over.

Sic was my favorite rider period. I will admit I'm a little of a Rossi fanboy but sic was who I looked forward to watching the most every race. He was an amazing rider and amazing talent he had so much more growing to do on the RC2xxv and I was awaiting the inevitable day where he was going to win his world championship. He raced to win and nothing else would truly be substantial enough for him. He was a true fighter and didn't take crap from anyone in the paddock but showed everyone all the respect in the world, including his fans. He was truly the next up and comer in the sport and he was already a threat to anyone's championship standing. I had the privilege of meeting him and speaking with him a few years ago in Indianapolis the night before his 250 win there. A great guy and again an awesome personality. You will missed Marco. I will be praying for your friends and family. God be with you.

Wow I saw it last night on the news after Nick text me while I was in church. I don't take my phone with me or I would've said a prayer right there. Horrific wreck and seeing it on the news last night just really put things back into pursepctive.

I wasn't a huge fan of him and thought he was dangerous as a rider BUT that doesn't matter. He was a great racer, had a great attitude, and just wanted to win.

Truly saddened to lose 2 great racers in 2 weekends. RIP Racer.