Dreaded Winter

Casper

I didn't get the memo, I rode to work at 6:30am.

Went around the wet spots that shimmered like icy stuff.

Maybe one squirmy spot found, where the front tire started hunting around.

In packed heavy traffic downtown, of course.

Actually, it was only wet when I first looked,

but when I took off a couple of minutes later,

there was clearly a layer of frost on a bunch of stuff.

And it was worth it for the nice temperatures in the afternoon.

I haven't even got out cold weather riding gear yet,

only the gloves and that was this morning.

Seriously, there isn't any salt on the roads yet.

Me too:

1) Great Lakes Christmas Ale

2) CBC Christmas Ale

3) Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale

4) Anderson Valley Winter Solstice

5) Samuel Smith's Winter Welcome

6) Santa's Private Reserve

7) Great Divide Hibernation Ale

8) Alaskan Baltic Porter

9) Jolly Pumpkin Noel de Calabaza

10) Barley Brown’s Sled Wreck

11) Victory Storm King Stout

12) Corsendonk Christmas Ale

you forgot Thirsty Dog 12 dogs of Christmas.....which is actually better than Great Lakes Christmas Ale

I don't think I'd put that on my twelve beers of Christmas list.

eh unless they tweak the recipe of GL more for this years batch, I'd highly suggest adding it. Christmas Ale seemed rather light last night :(

Oh don't tell me that. Last year's was incredible.

oh then maybe you shall like this years then. I personally thought last years was completely lack luster and this year seems even more lack luster

Both ales are good. Just had 2 6's of 12 dogs so interested to see the Great Lakes this year. Great Lakes Xmas Ale was the first beer Ive ever had that made me go wow. That was like 4 years ago and I barely liked beer. Basically Xmas Ales are a gateway beer.

I just finished a 6 pack of 12 dogs, well minus one cuz of the girl, but I feel like its different this year. Either that or I've become such an alcoholic that it doesn't have the same effects :dunno:

I just finished a 6 pack of 12 dogs, well minus one cuz of the girl, but I feel like its different this year. Either that or I've become such an alcoholic that it doesn't have the same effects :dunno:

Actually I felt the same or likewise :( I thought last years was amazing and this years feels a little bland? I guess. Still gotta try some of the others this year. I guess thats the best thing about a micro is they never taste the same :confused:

Actually I felt the same or likewise :( I thought last years was amazing and this years feels a little bland? I guess. Still gotta try some of the others this year. I guess thats the best thing about a micro is they never taste the same :confused:

its weird, I'm honestly not sure if I'm more disappointed in the Great Lakes or Thirsty Dog. Had Great Lakes Tues night and it seemed like Xmas Ale Light this year so I picked up the Thirsty Dog thinking it would be unchanged. I'm really unsure if its different or not but my gut feeling says its weaker and definitely less taste than usual

No, I agree completely. Thirsty Dog has let me down and is lacking taste and finish. Waiting on GL Ale though because these two have been my favorite in the past. Guess Ill keep trying new stuff this year. Maybe I can get my hands on a Three Floyds Xmas brew...

Its hard to tell how much they have changed going off of memory. I guess I should keep some around but that is literally impossible.

No, I agree completely. Thirsty Dog has let me down and is lacking taste and finish. Waiting on GL Ale though because these two have been my favorite in the past. Guess Ill keep trying new stuff this year. Maybe I can get my hands on a Three Floyds Xmas brew...

Its hard to tell how much they have changed going off of memory. I guess I should keep some around but that is literally impossible.

I know what exactly what you mean. I've usually gone on the barometer being my drunk level. In the past I've blacked out on 3 GL Xmas Ales and yet I had 3 Tues night and just had a good buzz. Hence I figured a good 6 pack of Thirsty Dog would have me pretty much blackout drunk and after 5 I've just got a really good buzz

This is where my disappointment comes to play