Bluezx6r - halloween costume

Steve Butters

haha i thought i would post this up....he came to our halloween party earlier with a badass costume...best i think ive ever seen, thought it was worth posting a pic

he made the entire thing by hand (except the gloves)...even did all the pin stripes on the suit himself, took him a couple months (he wasnt satisfied with the head - he had made 3 or 4 of them and his good one got ruined so he used this one as a last minute thing...i think it looks great)

295767_734529784767_50612770_35315820_205810950_n.jpg

How did u make the head?

I made 4 of these masks. The one you see is the second made one that was used as a backup. (It was not the best one in my opinion lol)

They all started out as pumpkins! I covered them in a healthily layer of paper mache.

next I took crayola air dry modeling clay to scultp out the eyes and bridge of the nose I also used it to kinda round he forehead out. Then I paper mached it again.

Next I went and got cheesecloth that I soaked in plaster and covered the entire thing twiceto give it a good structure.

Finally I took Plaster of Paris and mixed 1/2 a cup of it with water and smoothed it over wetting it down some to get the head shape right. Let each layer dry before wet sanding itdown to what you see above.

It also glows underblack light around his eyes and nose and.mouth but there were no blacklights around.

• Upvote 1