Spike Air Cleaner Intake Filter ??

motochic28

any time you change from the stock air cleaner setup youll need to rejet.

Eh... I don't entirely agree with that. If you're still running the stock exhaust, you're probably okay. Generally from what I've experienced, if you do exhaust OR air filter, you're fine. But if you do both, then you're allowing much more air through and need to rejet to allow more fuel to be burned. I could be horribly wrong, but the best bet is to have someone like Dyno Brian check the air/fuel before and after you put the filter on.

I personally believe that any time that you do anything to change the air fuel mixture you need to look at the possibility of rejetting. Might only be moving the position of the needle but you should still have to look into it.

My ideas, with just a new style free breathing air cleaner such as a spike, your bike should want to run lean. A little lean is not bad, but it does not take a lot to make things go bad over time.

that should work for you. if you do need more fuel then that kit can be adjusted via the clip on the needle.

but for you idle/off idle the adjustment of the pilot screw should be more than enough. i havent seen a bike that did just air cleaner / pipes, that needed to jump up the pilot jet.

all youl lbe doing is adjusting the pilot screw, installing a different main jet, and the dynojet needle.

I have the thunder manufacturing Tornado intake on mine and it works great. I know a guy from another forums that went the spike route and had to do a little fabbing to get it to work. Apparently the backing plat didn't match up to his bike quite right and the filter was a little loose. He used silicon sealant to fix the loose filter and had to rework the backing plate a little but he said it works great now.

As for your other questions, since you already have the aftermarket exhaust, and are going to add an intake, I'd say its a must to re-jet.

I know absolutely nothing about Shinko tires....

I would think so if you are already running aftermarket pipes.

What spike did you get? I was going to get a black one for the VTX rebuild

I havnt ordered it yet, I wanted to figure out all the crap that went along with it before I did lol But, here is the one I am going to get..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Shadow-ACE-750-Spike-Air-Cleaner-Intake-Filter-/390359983903?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item5ae344a71f

that should work for you. if you do need more fuel then that kit can be adjusted via the clip on the needle.

but for you idle/off idle the adjustment of the pilot screw should be more than enough. i havent seen a bike that did just air cleaner / pipes, that needed to jump up the pilot jet.

all youl lbe doing is adjusting the pilot screw, installing a different main jet, and the dynojet needle.

Thanks for all the help guys!! :)

I have the thunder manufacturing Tornado intake on mine and it works great. I know a guy from another forums that went the spike route and had to do a little fabbing to get it to work. Apparently the backing plat didn't match up to his bike quite right and the filter was a little loose. He used silicon sealant to fix the loose filter and had to rework the backing plate a little but he said it works great now.

As for your other questions, since you already have the aftermarket exhaust, and are going to add an intake, I'd say its a must to re-jet.

I know absolutely nothing about Shinko tires....

Funny, I went home to double check my tire size before I ordered, and THAT is what I have on there now is Shinko..so I should know a little about it haha :slap:

I wouldn't put Shinkos on a Sport bike. but on a cruiser Id say you are ok even aggressive riding youll touch pegs and exhaust before being at the edge of your tire. and not enough power to spin the rear tire coming off a corner..