Graduating from a Lurker to a Poster

JohnG

Well, maybe not that much of either. But I've been visiting off and on for quite a while. Got back into motorcycling in 2004 with an 83 GS550L that I picked up in Kentucky. Since that bike didn't make me enough of an MC mechanic, I bought a 79 GS850G a couple years later. :rolleyes: Anyway, sold both bikes last year and haven't been able to get riding off my mind since. Then, the stepson picked up an 04 Ninja 636 and I'm back at wanting something to ride BAD.

So, go easy on this nube... I used to hang out on the GSresources, but my screen name from there wasn't available here. (hntnfsh must belong to someone?)

See ya round!

Well, maybe not that much of either. But I've been visiting off and on for quite a while. Got back into motorcycling in 2004 with an 83 GS550L that I picked up in Kentucky. Since that bike didn't make me enough of an MC mechanic, I bought a 79 GS850G a couple years later. :rolleyes: Anyway, sold both bikes last year and haven't been able to get riding off my mind since. Then, the stepson picked up an 04 Ninja 636 and I'm back at wanting something to ride BAD.

So, go easy on this nube... I used to hang out on the GSresources, but my screen name from there wasn't available here. (hntnfsh must belong to someone?)

See ya round!

Welcome aboard. Not sure why it would tell you that screenname isn't available. If you want, I can change your name to it. It's available.

Welcome aboard. Not sure why it would tell you that screenname isn't available. If you want, I can change your name to it. It's available.

That would be cool... it's bad enough that my password keeper has 73 entries. :cry:

And by the way, this site has the best collection of smilies I've ever seen. Not sure when I'd EVER get to use some of them...

:orrocks:

Wat
"John G. raped and murdered my wife. " It wasn't me. It was somebody who looked like me. And I certainly hope I know you and we're having a funny moment... :eek:

I was afraid nobody would get the reference. From one of the best movies ever IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch9Y-fcGlKs

johng1.jpg

P.S. Remember Sammy Jenkis.

Edited by brn6604

I was afraid nobody would get the reference. From one of the best movies ever IMO.

P.S. Remember Sammy Jenkis.

ohh it's from memento. i was hoping it was some blooper line from princess bride or something.

Welcome, good luck bike shopping. What you looking for.

Well, admittedly I've never ridden a "sport" bike. First bike was the enduro, then a couple cruiser style Zuk's... I was thinking along the lines of a Buell. Or maybe an SV650. Love that V twin sound. Or, I don't know for sure. I don't want to spend over 3000 for whatever I get. And it would be predominately a commuter bike with the option to "take the long, twisty way home". :cool: