2009 GSXR1000 - full race prep.

Moto-Brian

I'll trade you an '07 GSXR1000 straight up because it is a better year bike.

:D

Honestly, I like the 07/08 motor a bit better. Seemed to be more of a harder hitting motor vs this generation. But this chassis is SOOOOOO much better. So much.

Had some sorting to do as I was all over the place trying to figure things out, but at Putnam, it really clicked and showed why it is overall, better...

This bike is super clean and crazy fast (the rider may have a little to do with the fast part). Wish I had the 12K and the nuts to run it.

I haven't seen your nuts, but what Nick says, they are big enough. Wait.... That came out wrong.

Seriously, though. Thanks for the compliment. And, you'd be amazed at how easy it is to ride...

I'm sure it is, I just can't bring myself to ride a 1K on the track.

This is kind of how I feel.

Any particular reason you seem to favor the liter bikes, Brian?

I admit, if there's ever a time I move to a liter bike, it will likely be because I want to be able to say I race the fastest (club racing) bikes available. Just kind of a neat thing to be able to tell the grandkids.

This is kind of how I feel.

Any particular reason you seem to favor the liter bikes, Brian?

I admit, if there's ever a time I move to a liter bike, it will likely be because I want to be able to say I race the fastest (club racing) bikes available. Just kind of a neat thing to be able to tell the grandkids.

I just like the fact that the perception is that to go faster, people need a liter bike. The reality is that the current generation 600s are running similar if not FASTER lap times than a lot of the liter bikes.

The fact is that it takes a LOT of effort to race these at speed. I've raced 600s for years. Loved them. 750s were the ticket in the early 2000-2003 era and was so happy with 750s and up until after 2005, the 1000s just weren't the best choices. Now, they are smaller, lighter, and of course, more powerful. It just is very satisfying to ride these things and understand that when people see your lap times and think they will instantly go faster - you hand them the bike and say "take it for some hot laps". The result is typically "How the fuck do you ride that thing?".

They aren't for everyone, but I am 195lbs, 6'1" and not very well designed for a 600. However, I may get a 600 since it doesn't conflict in terms of classes with the RC8R...

...but I am 195lbs, 6'1" and not very well designed...

I would have guessed 205, but either way that a lot shit stuffed into a set of leathers. :lol:

I wish someone would buy that damn thing so I don't have to see it posted on every other racing site on the interzwebz. :D

Damn, that's one tasty track weapon.........I'd sooo love to have it -- and it's laying down the same power as my fat, flyin' couch........but over a hundred pounds lighter! Ok, I'll wipe up the puddles on my way out -- glws!