Family Firearms & Finishes Review

TheBrown57

Been meaning to do a review for this local shop since last Tues but I'm a lazy ass :p

This shop is owned and ran by TODDFFF

I called him and was needing some 7.62x54R due to me using up all I had and was taking my Nagant to my cousins for some shooting. I called him on Monday 11/7/11 and asked for the going rate on the ammo. He had different styles and recommended that I try a lil bit of everything to see what my gun liked. I was just looking to shoot and he said he had 20 round silver tip for $4.80-90 (cant remember exactly) which was less than anywhere I had looked. I said great can I get some today? His response was that they usually do things by appointment due to it being ran outta his house and people that show up with out one are called "targets" (I got a kick outta that!) He said he was busy during the time I was going to be off work but would call me when I could pick it up and I didn't care what time due to me leaving straight from work the next day so I needed it that night. He calls me around 9 and I head over to pick it up, I had my nagant with me as I already loaded the car for the trip tomorrow and when I got there I decided to ask if he had the end sight due to me losing mine and a screw that I recently noticed was missing he had both and installed the sight and cleaned the gun the total came out to be a little more than what I had on me and he took what I had and called it even. He also has a GREAT selection of old military rifles that are all in amazing condition. I am planning on buying a Nagant from him for around $120 (I might be wrong on the price) due to mine not being in as great of shape I thought after seeing his selection.

I definitely recommend him for anyone looking for WWII and other such specialty rifles and for ammo if your located near by (Oxford, OH). He is also a FFL dealer.

Thanks again Todd!