$599 ar

JonS

I still cant make tomorrow night, gotta leave for MI too early in the AM. But the 22 conversion delivered this AM, so tomorrow heading to our lodge in Lancaster to go through some rounds. Might do the same monday too.

If anyone wants to join, PM me for phone number. Tomorrow will be about 2 hrs of shooting I'd say around 1pm. Unless weather changes.

Some folks think its to fast. Cheap ammo will actually come apart with the increased centrifugal force over a slower twist barrel. I have a 1:7 and it has shot plenty of 55 gr just fine.

Bullshit. your not going to spin the jacket off. It may cause accuracy issues in lighter bullets but it wont destroy them. It handles 55gr - 77-80 gr just fine.

Some folks think its to fast. Cheap ammo will actually come apart with the increased centrifugal force over a slower twist barrel. I have a 1:7 and it has shot plenty of 55 gr just fine.

It's really only too fast when you are talking about the lighter weight bullets in 223. For your 55gr fmj 223 or 556 milsurp (xm193), its perfectly fine. Now if you put a super HOT 40gr varmitting load in there, sure you might overspin it. If one is that concerned, run your load data through a ballistic calculator, otherwise for your average user with an AR, 1/7 is just fine. For your user that wants to shoot further distances, a 1/8 or 1/7 is mandatory.