CCW Issue

Jst2fst

what exactly defines concealed?

i have my CHL so its not really an issue for me, but occasionally i pocket carry in the small pocket above my regular jean pocket...just put the muzzle into that pocket and it holds it pretty secure, covers the trigger, but the grip sticks out still....if i have a hoodie on it will usually cover it up, but sometimes it doesnt....would that be concealed since most/part of the gun is concealed, or open since it is still partially visible?

Concealed / Visible is initially up to the interpretation of the officer at the scene, then ultimately up to the judge/jury.

There are some officers out there that will call it concealed if any part of it is hidden by clothing - if they want to charge you with concealed. There are those that will call it visible is any part is visible - if they want to charge you with a crime relating to visiblilty.

Then there are officers who may catch you making a mistake on something (like back itneh days of the buckeye tuck, if your pistol was not visible) who will just tell you how to be in compliance with the law.

Officer discretion. And if it's partly hidden and partly visible then one officer may call it concealed and the other may call it open-carry.

i have my CHL so its not really an issue for me, but occasionally i pocket carry in the small pocket above my regular jean pocket...just put the muzzle into that pocket and it holds it pretty secure, covers the trigger, but the grip sticks out still....if i have a hoodie on it will usually cover it up, but sometimes it doesnt....would that be concealed since most/part of the gun is concealed, or open since it is still partially visible?

For purposes of this discussion, concealed means completely hidden.

It doesn't matter if it's concealed or visible but the thing with carrying it in your pocket like that and partially being visible is you could be innocently reaching for some change in your pocket to buy a pack of gum and the clerk or other customers could see it as you reaching for gun then the cops get MWAG call. If your carrying it like that just don't keep anything else in that pocket and don't fidget with it.

It doesn't matter if it's concealed or visible but the thing with carrying it in your pocket like that and partially being visible is you could be innocently reaching for some change in your pocket to buy a pack of gum and the clerk or other customers could see it as you reaching for gun then the cops get MWAG call. If your carrying it like that just don't keep anything else in that pocket and don't fidget with it.

i dont keep anything in my pockets on that side, not even in the main pocket under the small one

if i have it in my big pocket i use a pocket holster to keep it secure, if its in the small pocket its secure enough as is and im not worried about the trigger, its got 500lbs of draw in DA mode so as long as i dont put my keys or phone or something with it then it would never have a reason to get touched....appreciate the heads up though

then in that case I wouldn't worry about it if someone sees it they shouldn't have been scanning your crotch

im not worried about it lol...just wanted to know what it would be classified as, concealed or open. wasnt sure where the line is for that.

and dont get me confused with scruit - i carry it in my pocket, i dont use a weiner holster like he does for his bersa :lol:

Back to the OP, are you friends with anyone else in the complex that doesn't carry, that might be willing to raise the question to the management? That way they would have no reason to worry about being scutinized, and they wouldn't be watching you if they don't get the right answer.

actually - if there was a thumb snap or some form of active retention built into that pocket - i would swear it was built as a gun holster....im not exactly sure what its real purpose is, maybe to tuck dollar bills into or something, i dont know, but it works perfectly...i might make my girl sew a thumb strap onto my jeans or something and make it official haha...i hate carrying open with no active retention, so i try to keep my hoodie down over it ...and my owb holster is just a cheap fobus paddle - i would like to pick up a blackhawk serpa sometime

i wish i could carry iwb comfortably, but its just not for me...too much love handles lol, even tried a fancy mtac and still couldnt get the feel for it

Back to the OP, are you friends with anyone else in the complex that doesn't carry, that might be willing to raise the question to the management? That way they would have no reason to worry about being scutinized, and they wouldn't be watching you if they don't get the right answer.

back on topic? YOURE NOT THE FORUM FUHRER!

and why does it have to be someone who lives there? heck, give me the phone number and ill call and ask them why they hate AMERICA and the second amendment

back on topic? YOURE NOT THE FORUM FUHRER!

and why does it have to be someone who lives there? heck, give me the phone number and ill call and ask them why they hate AMERICA and the second amendment

I figured it would be easier to get them to respond to someone that lives there is all.

Dunno about your situation, but you can be arrested for disorderly conduct if you are doing more than just flipping the cop off. If you are moving around threateningly and aggressively and the officer can articulate why he felt you were a physical danger then he can take you in for that.

But if you just stand there and, without breaking any actual laws, express your opinions in a non-threatening manner at an agent of the government then there is Supreme Court precedent protecting your right to free speech.

I wouldn't print anything or say anything more about it to anyone by doing that your just going to draw unnecessary attention to yourself and cause them to watch your every move. The terms of the lease are illegal so if they ever tried to evict you then you just fight it but unless that happens concealed means concealed and leave it at that.

This is exactly right. You have the ORC on your side. Don't draw attention to yourself. Once you do, if they want you out, they will find another part of your lease that you violated and throw you out for that. That way, they don't violate your rights.

I love that Scruit has a better understanding of Constitutional Law than most native-born Americans.

It seems to me that this "problem" has been solved multiple times already. Don't get CAUGHT carrying, and there is no issue. If someone does catch you, it will take longer for them to evict you than to just let your lease run out...

With regard to your car being searched at work, Scruit is 100% correct. Search & Seizure regulations apply to the government only. You do not have to allow your employer to search your vehicle (unless it's a company vehicle). If they want to fire you for that, then that's their prerogative. They can fire you for a host of other LEGAL actions too.

This is exactly right. You have the ORC on your side. Don't draw attention to yourself. Once you do, if they want you out, they will find another part of your lease that you violated and throw you out for that. That way, they don't violate your rights.

True, that's why I have not brought this up again to them. Plus I work alot and don't see any of my neighbors during the week.