How to propose,

VanDy

Just thought I'd share! :)

1. Get an airplane.

bike.jpg

2. Find a cute baby, (girls dig stuff like that)

4950e076.jpg

3. Cram them both in an airplane (make sure to get grandpa thru the window lol)

eec9cc8e.jpg

4. Have an awesome brother in-law spray paint his yard for you to get the message across!!

ecfbb1c0.jpg

5. After she says yes, teach the baby to fly, after all motorcycle's aren't expensive enough! Lol

15fef64b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SIRI

I'm sor...er... congrats!! :) Triple bonus for finding one that likes to fly!

Taylorcraft?

You got it AndyJ! My grandpa has had it since the 60's and I recently officially took it over, been flying around the country in it since I can remember!

2 questions

1. Why did you let her out of the kitchen?

2. At what altitude did you push her out?

1. It was the only way to get her in the kitchen...

2. Gotta wait til insurance kicks in :)

Lol

You got it AndyJ! My grandpa has had it since the 60's and I recently officially took it over, been flying around the country in it since I can remember!

Man I havent flown a t-craft in years. Last one I flew was out of waynesville. Is it just me or does that plane like to float forever on landing..

One of my favs still has to be an old piper cub. hand prop to start and no electrical system.

Man I havent flown a t-craft in years. Last one I flew was out of waynesville. Is it just me or does that plane like to float forever on landing..

One of my favs still has to be an old piper cub. hand prop to start and no electrical system.

That big wing makes it float a bunch unless you get it slowed down coming in over the fence! No battery in this one either!

When did you fly out of waynesville? I worked there the summer of 2000 and Emerson was my instructor, I loved working for them out there, great people for sure!

Yes, yes you do

Fuck it you own an airplane, I'd marry you :D

Would it sweeten the deal if I said Two? Lol!! Although one is in my garage in pieces as I'm rebuilding it ;). I'm hoping to have it done next summer,

Before pic:

7f3530d9.jpg

As it sat a couple weeks ago, (it's much farther along and garage is cleaner now too!)

b6edf835.jpg

Have any brothers :lol:

Ps I have instrument rating working of commercial :D

Sorry, only son of only son of... Well you get the point!

Good luck with that!! I've never been PIC of an aircraft with a battery, and I like it that way! Although I have to make an exception for the one I'm rebuilding, it has a battery to run the ignition system but no starter! :)

I figure if I make a living off of it, it's a job and not fun any more, and I want to keep flying fun :)

And the only IFR I know is 'I Fly Roads' :)

Side note do you know how hard it is to find someone to give a check ride in a taikdragger?

And add nose wheel to the starter thing too

Sounds like time for an OR fly-in?

Reminds me that I really, really need to get that TD endorsement....I almost got into a deal with a Champ last spring, then got too busy at work to do much flying.

Also, still love the Pietenpol. Even though I probably need the Corvair to pull my big ass aloft, I just love the look of a Ford powered Piet.