Moto Series 2012 Schedule: Must Read!!

APCh8r

HAHA funny stuff.. I saw Dubguy at first and not redkow so I went back through the thread and was like well crap.. I'm pumped and can't wait either, but I don't remember writing that on here! :p

both have orange bike avatars and i was on my phone. i realized it today at work lol

i always feel like an idiot and try to do a ninja edit but someone always catches me

or i'll just say I knew you were thinking that and already agree with you...

both have orange bike avatars and i was on my phone. i realized it today at work lol

i always feel like an idiot and try to do a ninja edit but someone always catches me

or i'll just say I knew you were thinking that and already agree with you...

at least you used the right screen name

Do you guys think that since I only have one Trackday,that I should take the instructional again or go intermediate?

I think another day of Instructional wouldnt hurt since its been a long time since the last day and your on a new bike.

I think another day of Instructional wouldnt hurt since its been a long time since the last day and your on a new bike.

Not doubting your skill set, but I ran 3 N days, took a year off and ran another N day. 4 before even considering moving up. Like I stated in a few other threads, you really need to hammer down what they teach you in N before moving to I. I know it feels like the pace is too slow, but it isn't the pace you are learning, there is much more.

Mykill did more than 1 N day too I believe(could be wrong), actually I think everyone did. If they didn't then they must be gifted.

And if you got a new bike, definitely do another N day, you will regret it if not.

I think I did two days in Novice before moving up. Mid-pack my first day, then front pack the next. And even then, made sure my coach was ok with the bump up.. When in doubt, ask for a coach to go around with you to view your skills and give you an honest opinion. If they don't let suggest you go up, please don't take it as a personal attack. They are only looking after your personal safety and some of that for your machine. Ask what your biggest problem area's are and get someone to focus on that with you so you can progress and be happy.

There is a HUGE difference in skill sets in Intermediate, those that are new to it from Novice and other that are sandbagging from going into advanced. Many times, that's why its nicknamed the "Meatgrinder" or "Interidiot" group...as most of the crashes usually occur there.

Edited by SJC1000rr

I actually thinks it's safer to race against faster people than bump up to a higher trackday group too soon.

In racing, everyone starts at the same time. The faster guys will be long gone after a lap, and may have to pass you once more when they lap you.

In a trackday environment, people are coming and going as they please, and there won't be one line of fast riders coming by you as they lap you; it will more likely be a constant flow of riders. IMHO, that's less safe. By definition, riders lapping you know you're considerably slower than they are. At a trackday, that's a bit harder to observe and plan for.