Moto Series 2012 Schedule: Must Read!!

APCh8r

Honestly, if you want race tires, pick a color... That sounds really silly, but until you get to a point that you need to stay up front and are losing an edge, you really are going to need to work on yourself vs buying a bunch of crap to slap on your bike only to go the same speed.

Now, that said, I think tires and suspension are the best things you can do. There was a guy that raced with us at Motoseries and he bought a new set of Dunlop UK DOTs. He was KILLING it and he ran faster than he ever did before at Nelson. Of course, our tight ass ideas were to get away with running old slicks that were worn through the wear marks. BUT, he did awesome and he was so impressed with the tires, he decided to try and keep as fresh of tires as he could.

I think Q2s are going to be fine for you until you start to push and can actually understand the bike and when it is actually exceeding the tires. Until you do that, why spend all that money for nothing?

Stone needs to go to race tires pronto. He's smooth (of course) and fast enough that I think the next level is right there. Tires are needed for that step and he is ready. What happens is that the tire will start to wear off or get greasy as you get faster. At the start, they feel good, mid way they start to get hot and at the end, they are greasy. But again, it is only when you start to roll faster and faster that you will notice this.

We run Q2s on the stock RC8s at Mid-Ohio and they are awesome. Truly. We run them 2 events which is 3 groups every hour and we do at minimal, 5-6 sessions. So, up to 12 sessions on one set and they hold fine.

Guys come in telling us they are spinning up the rear and that the tires feel greasy. I throw a leg over and check it out to find it's all in their head. Some words of wisdom... Tires are 80% mental. The rest is in your head.

Anyways, if you all wanna get into Dunlops, PM me for the guy's info. His name is Alex Bird. I can get you his info and tell him I sent you, please. He is really a great dude and is more than willing to help anyone out.

I actually used race rubber for 95% of the races last year. I'm still trying to figure them out as they have crazy amounts of grip. Once I get it in my head that I can ride them faster it might help. Lol

I was on them when some dude on a gsxr passed me like I wasn't moving.

Just throwing it out there. I ordered my upper fairing stay last night and am getting seriously pumped for this season. Shopping for new leathers. Did 3 days last year before the wreck and looking to at least double that this year. hoping to get to know u guys a lot better, get faster, and not be such a stranger. (no homo). The schedule looks sick and with me being off almost every weekend should be no scheduling conflicts....just money limitations.

Honestly, if you want race tires, pick a color... That sounds really silly, but until you get to a point that you need to stay up front and are losing an edge, you really are going to need to work on yourself vs buying a bunch of crap to slap on your bike only to go the same speed.

Now, that said, I think tires and suspension are the best things you can do. There was a guy that raced with us at Motoseries and he bought a new set of Dunlop UK DOTs. He was KILLING it and he ran faster than he ever did before at Nelson. Of course, our tight ass ideas were to get away with running old slicks that were worn through the wear marks. BUT, he did awesome and he was so impressed with the tires, he decided to try and keep as fresh of tires as he could.

I think Q2s are going to be fine for you until you start to push and can actually understand the bike and when it is actually exceeding the tires. Until you do that, why spend all that money for nothing?

Stone needs to go to race tires pronto. He's smooth (of course) and fast enough that I think the next level is right there. Tires are needed for that step and he is ready. What happens is that the tire will start to wear off or get greasy as you get faster. At the start, they feel good, mid way they start to get hot and at the end, they are greasy. But again, it is only when you start to roll faster and faster that you will notice this.

We run Q2s on the stock RC8s at Mid-Ohio and they are awesome. Truly. We run them 2 events which is 3 groups every hour and we do at minimal, 5-6 sessions. So, up to 12 sessions on one set and they hold fine.

Guys come in telling us they are spinning up the rear and that the tires feel greasy. I throw a leg over and check it out to find it's all in their head. Some words of wisdom... Tires are 80% mental. The rest is in your head.

Anyways, if you all wanna get into Dunlops, PM me for the guy's info. His name is Alex Bird. I can get you his info and tell him I sent you, please. He is really a great dude and is more than willing to help anyone out.

Brian, can you make sure you have his info Sunday. I need to order tires soon, we can talk more Sunday about what you think etc. Thanks!

Just throwing it out there. I ordered my upper fairing stay last night and am getting seriously pumped for this season. Shopping for new leathers. Did 3 days last year before the wreck and looking to at least double that this year. hoping to get to know u guys a lot better, get faster, and not be such a stranger. (no homo). The schedule looks sick and with me being off almost every weekend should be no scheduling conflicts....just money limitations.

PM riders discount. They can probably hook you up...

I have Conti Race Attacks on it now.

Are they junk?

Depends on what you call junk. They will do some good times. I only know of one bike they have been on. It was a 3 hour race sv. They said it was the only tire that wouldn't last them 2 3 hour races. The times for them were super close and I doubt you would notice a difference unless your running crazy fast.

Depends on what you call junk. They will do some good times. I only know of one bike they have been on. It was a 3 hour race sv. They said it was the only tire that wouldn't last them 2 3 hour races. The times for them were super close and I doubt you would notice a difference unless your running crazy fast.

I'm not crazy fast at all !

Thanks for that, it helped alot. I was kinda stressed before on all these things I need to think about/do, etc. but now I know what I am going to do and am looking forward to racing!

Your new avvy made me think that I may have seen you ride before... The first and only time I have been to Mid-Ohio, there was a guy on a KTM there that was hauling ASS. It was on August 15th on last summer. I believe you (or 'him' if it was not you) was the only guy on a KTM that day.

Thanks for that, it helped alot. I was kinda stressed before on all these things I need to think about/do, etc. but now I know what I am going to do and am looking forward to racing!

Your new avvy made me think that I may have seen you ride before... The first and only time I have been to Mid-Ohio, there was a guy on a KTM there that was hauling ASS. It was on August 15th on last summer. I believe you (or 'him' if it was not you) was the only guy on a KTM that day.

Must have been someone else :p

Good to hear.

Want to buy your old fairings back ? :D

My Avatar is the new KTM Moto3 bike... Yup. I am usually the only guy on a KTM that isn't an instructor. We provide the school with bikes...

My Avatar is the new KTM Moto3 bike... Yup. I am usually the only guy on a KTM that isn't an instructor. We provide the school with bikes...

Yeah I knew it wasn't your bike. It just for some reason made me realize that I have seen you ride before. If I recall you were clearly the fastest one there that day by a good margin. Do you race above club racing at all (Sorry if that is a dumb question haha)? .

Edited by ama146

Yeah I knew it wasn't your bike. It just for some reason made me realize that I have seen you ride before. If I recall you were clearly the fastest one there that day by a good margin. Do you race above club racing at all (Sorry if that is a dumb question haha)? .

KTM-Brian is a legend. Just wait until he gives you a tow or 5. I know I can't wait for some help this season.