500 dollar electric ducati

bigbluebird

if you up the voltage, it will do a lot more than 5mph.

My brothers and I figured this out with cheap RC cars as kids. My uncle bought them for us for Christmas, and I turned a 3 volt, AA powered slow present into a 9 volt fire-breather :p

I had made an electromagnet for some kind of school project as a kid, so I had a bunch of wire, and enough knowledge to realize that the 3 volt AA batteries were wired in parallel. Simple logic dictated that a 9V taped to the top of the car, with wires extended to the appropriate terminals would yield 3 times the speed.

amazingly, it actually worked. The motors burned out damn quick, but they were way more fun than anticipated.

No kidding!? Supply more voltage to an electric motor and it spins faster?? Holy crap!! :lol:

On a serious note, try model rocket engines on the RC car next time. Now there's some fun. Just a fair warning though; you won't be able to steer. Make sure you have at least a 1/2 mile straightaway.

Also available at Target, and cheaper on Amazon. Both with reviews. I saw some lame low quality videos on YouTube.

Looks like it would be a great entry level toy, before spending money on a real bike.

Is it wrong that I'm interested in this before my child is even born?

Also available at Target, and cheaper on Amazon. Both with reviews. I saw some lame low quality videos on YouTube.

Looks like it would be a great entry level toy, before spending money on a real bike.

Is it wrong that I'm interested in this before my child is even born?

Not at all. I was buying stuff for my little guy before he was born. :)

top speed 5mph

12v power system

integrated optional training wheels.

how come i think ben will get this for his kid

peg-perego-ducati-monster-12v-kids-electric-motorbike-1321377422.jpg

peg-perego-ducati-monster-12v-kids-motorbike-with-balance-wheels-1321446093.jpg

http://www.50cycles.com/product.htm?product=ducati-monster-electric-bike

They 'shopped out the training wheels on the top pic. You can see the top of the training wheel mount, but he wheel is gone.