Saying goodbye to a friend

cmh_sprint

Our family will say goodbye to one of our Basenji's (Hobbes) on Friday. He would have been 13 on Christmas day. Hobbes never stopped being a puppy until about 2 months ago when he went from being his normal self to completely blind in less than 2 weeks. He has cancer and we have been trying to keep him around for as long as possible without being selfish. This week he has stopped eating dog food and we have been giving him dog treat and mashed potatoes. He will greatly missed by us along with his twin brother and our lab.

img0452ac.jpg

img0450y.jpg

img0800w.jpg

picture042eq.jpg

Very sorry your losing a family member. From someone who has put down 2 Black Labs, a German Shepard and 6 cats.

And everyone of them was like a child, or it was to me.

Keep pics up, toys they played with, and blankets they loved and keep them around for memories.

Good luck with something that is no fun at all.

Ride safe all, and please, ATGATT

Greg

You have my deepest sympathy.

My Best Friend/Co-pilot/Welcoming Committee/Fan Club of 11 years was diagnosed with lymphoma just this past week. It's a terrible burden to know what's coming, but a true blessing to be able to realize and embrace each precious moment left with a most sincere friend.

I'm sorry for your loss.

I try to think about the fact that you gave your dog 13 years of food, shelter, love, and general "comfort."

He's had a good life, and I am certain he knows it and appreciates it. Feel good knowing that you and your family made that happen.