Dealer Storage

varma917989

Am I the only one that thinks the reason you don't park on concrete is because of the moisture and that putting it on carpet that just sucks up said moisture would be a waste of time and maybe something that doesn't wick the water up would be a better idea?

Am I the only one that thinks the reason you don't park on concrete is because of the moisture and that putting it on carpet that just sucks up said moisture would be a waste of time and maybe something that doesn't wick the water up would be a better idea?

I thought it was the opposite, sitting on concrete dries out the tire creating a hard flat spot, so its recommend to use stands, or put a barrier between the tire and the ground like a piece of carpet.

I thought it was the opposite, sitting on concrete dries out the tire creating a hard flat spot, so its recommend to use stands, or put a barrier between the tire and the ground like a piece of carpet.

I think this is pretty much like debating which oil is the best. Some claim moisture is the issue causing rot and others worry about flat spots from drying. I guess it depends on your garage. Is it real dry concrete that will suck the moisture out of the tire....or is it a real damp floor that will rot your tires from excessive moisture. Maybe we should all get a moisture tester and test the moisture content of our floors, several times during the season to be sure!! But then we would debate the proper moisture content of concrete for our tires. :D

I was just stirring up the pot, it's been quiet here lately.

BTW, Valvoline MC synthetic is the best oil.

I think its better to have wood foor or a Piece of wood under the tires.

i found these in some DB

1. fill the gas tank full, add STABIL, drive around for 5 more minutes, park

2. check tire pressure WEEKLY, keep them maxed

3. if on floor, roll forward 4 inches DAILY, best to put up on stands up off the floor

4. remove battery, or attach battery tender/charger

5. check antifreeze for proper temps - or have mechanic do it

i found these in some DB

3. if on floor, roll forward 4 inches DAILY, best to put up on stands up off the floor

I do 1 and 4(battery tender), I am gonna need new tires in the spring anyway so this is kinda like a test to see if anything even happens to them.

i found these in some DB

Seriously? Tire pressures weekly? (thats more than I do when I actually RIDE it) Move forward daily? (You'd eventually hit the wall)

Suck my manly. I ride a motorcycle at 150 plus mph, have the stamina of a 16 year old, and have a huge c@%#. I make no apologies for not being "manly" enough to watch football

The AFJ shop in cincy offers storage by the way. Wanna say $25/mo

Suck my manly. I ride a motorcycle at 150 plus mph, have the stamina of a 16 year old, and have a huge c@%#. I make no apologies for not being "manly" enough to watch football