Google Adsense

Scruit

So I have my youtube account set up with Google adsense. People watch my videos, call me a no-life loser for recording all my bike/car journeys.

I post this one video a couple years ago called "How to annoy the highway patrol without really trying" (below)

It's not a serious video. Just an encounter with a cop who was a little rude with me. I whine like a little girl with hurt feelings.

Lots of people arguing about how bad cops are, how much of a loser I am. And I keep getting into the arguments, goading people on. Stirring the pot.

But here's the kicker. Adsense is counting every hit. Video has gotten 500k hits this month alone. And I just got my adsense check. $409. For this month alone.

There's gold in them thar hills.

Is this a $500 video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWDju_muw3g

So I have my youtube account set up with Google adsense. People watch my videos, call me a no-life loser for recording all my bike/car journeys.

I post this one video a couple years ago called "How to annoy the highway patrol without really trying" (below)

It's not a serious video. Just an encounter with a cop who was a little rude with me. I whine like a little girl with hurt feelings.

Lots of people arguing about how bad cops are, how much of a loser I am. And I keep getting into the arguments, goading people on. Stirring the pot.

But here's the kicker. Adsense is counting every hit. Video has gotten 500k hits this month alone. And I just got my adsense check. $409. For this month alone.

There's gold in them thar hills.

Is this a $500 video?

Wow! $409? (Heading to my website to look into this ASAP so that maybe it can at least pay for itself)

Good ol Orange Rd.

How do you sign up for this?

They call it "monetization" and I got an invite from Google based upon the number of views my videos were getting.

You have to own the copyright on the video. No 3rd party content.

For each video you have to fill out a declaration that you own the copyright etc.

No fare, I make more videos of all sorts of crap and still haven't broken $50. :(

9 months after monetizing my youtube account I only reached $99. This one video just blew up this month. It's nuts.

I'd have thought the video catching the mailman peeing on my house, or the repair techs joyriding in my Subaru would have been the money earners - but no. All it took was me being a butt-hurt pansy about a gruff cop. Who knew?

My account is a little over 508.

I need to get my ass pulled over and get the cop to taze me. Ride the lightning once or twice and get a couple grand from adsense.

"My insurance card? It's in your momma's panties. You should have asked me sooner, I was in there about an hour ago, could have picked it up for you then. BZZZZZZZ"

"You know, as many times as I've done your momma, you should be calling me Dad by now. BZZZZZZZZZ"

• Upvote 1

I need to get my ass pulled over and get the cop to taze me. Ride the lightning once or twice and get a couple grand from adsense.

"My insurance card? It's in your momma's panties. You should have asked me sooner, I was in there about an hour ago, could have picked it up for you then. BZZZZZZZ"

"You know, as many times as I've done your momma, you should be calling me Dad by now. BZZZZZZZZZ"

Simple:

Officer "Where's the fire sir?"

You "In your eyes sir" Big wink and blow him a kiss. :lol:

9 months after monetizing my youtube account I only reached $99. This one video just blew up this month. It's nuts.

The few people I've met who make a "living" doing you tube videos say it is a matter of constantly adding content, because you never know what video will go viral. Me I just want a dedicated team of add clickers. :lol:

I came across that video about 2 weeks ago, then saw who posted it. I got a kick out of it. Where's my share of the check, Scruit? :p

They won't let me enter $0.0001 into my online bill pay.

If you read the comments I spend most of my time defending the cop - just wished he'd have been more polite. But some of the commenters out there are just nasty. I delete multiple comments a day that say things like; "You should just shoot that cop in the face" and stuff like that. I can't keep up any more.

Still, I stoke the fires every now and then buy fighting the anti-police sentiment - just winds them up more and they come back to post more rhetoric. = More hits, more adsense money.

"You should murder that cop"

"Cops do a great job, just this one flunked PR 101"

"OMGWTFBBQ I'LL EAT YOUR BABIES FOR SAYING THAT!!!"

They won't let me enter $0.0001 into my online bill pay.

If you read the comments I spend most of my time defending the cop - just wished he'd have been more polite. But some of the commenters out there are just nasty. I delete multiple comments a day that say things like; "You should just shoot that cop in the face" and stuff like that. I can't keep up any more.

Still, I stoke the fires every now and then buy fighting the anti-police sentiment - just winds them up more and they come back to post more rhetoric. = More hits, more adsense money.

"You should murder that cop"

"Cops do a great job, just this one flunked PR 101"

"OMGWTFBBQ I'LL EAT YOUR BABIES FOR SAYING THAT!!!"

What if he blows a kiss back and offers to show me his "nightstick". :eek:

:lol: :lol:

What kind of pistol you you like? Glock? Or MT's XD?

I will buy one of those for myself with the money I got from whining like a bitch, just to piss you off.

:D

You should go other an xd since it has more safeties and its gonna be pointed at your dick all day :)