Possible Beaverun Track Extension!!

r1crusher

No i've only been to nelson,beave, mid o and grattan......just the guardrail off the two two kinks is kind of off putting and i'm pretty sure somebody went off there the last race during the endurance 3 hour and got hurt pretty bad. That being said nelson isnt the safest track in the world by any means.......either way i think new ownership for beave (pirc?) cant hurt

http://www.pghcnc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=218 this guy is saying they started construction on the south track...but i have a feeling thats probably for the shooting range or something

Not sure what the guy is thinking as the pics are saying they were working on the paddock to make it possible for semi trucks to u-turn. They really need to widen that area even for bigger motorhomes and such. Its pretty tight with the guys pitting on the pavement...

I would say they probably intend on doing the south course, but again, the main track needs a refresh and either they may do it all at once or they should do a phase 1 on the main and then do the south...

i would MUCH rather have an extension put on before a repave. i think beave is in pretty good shape as far as the track surface right now.

Uh... OK.

You'd ride a bumpy and rough track and transition to a smooth and new track? Good luck on set-up!

The track is rough. At under 1:00 lap times, you are out of the seat numerous times. Cool track and easily something that can be ridden, but the idea of building an extension and not doing a single thing to the existing track is crazy. Plus, that back turn where the armco is so close, is VERY dangerous. As you run through that dog leg left at speed, it is rough and at the braking point, if you crash there, well... Armco is coming fast as seen this year by the guy that got injured pretty bad there...