Roybi tools

bmwnut

I have a roybi 18 volt saw drill and inpact They sill work but the batteries and charger are no good These are well used! but still work except for the drill does not reverse They are in a tool bag If you want them and are a Ohio Rider in good standing there yours! Merry Christmas

PM me to pick up

i'm about to do the same thing with my craftsman set.

the damn batteries(just bought this summer) will not keep a charge longer than a hand full of screws. and it's not the charger because I have 2 chargers. I had the set for years and I can understand the old batteries going dead on me when I bought the new ones, they don't last as long as the old ones.

craftsman cordless tools are pretty good, but the batteries are junk.

I have a roybi 18 volt saw drill and inpact They sill work but the batteries and charger are no good These are well used! but still work except for the drill does not reverse They are in a tool bag If you want them and are a Ohio Rider in good standing there yours! Merry Christmas

PM me to pick up

Crestline? Seriously, I will be through there soon and can pick them up and I already have ryobi 18v batts/chargers

I am from Crestline originally, What is your name? Feel free to PM for privacy.

Edited by flounder

I've found that keeping batteries on the chargers or recharging before they are dead them hurts their performance. Same for any rechargeable battery really. I've had my Craftsman 18v drill since '06 and the batteries still last quite awhile.

Yep, let those batteries run all the way down, then re charge them. Not sure about the Lithium batteries though.

that's what you're NOT supposed to do. it says it all over the manual. ni cad batteries will get a memory to them if you do that. then they'll never take a charge again. same thing with a car battery. once or twice is usually ok but after that it it will never charge. it's called deep cycling. that's why you see some car batteries that say "deep cycle" on them. it means they can be ran down really far a lot of times.

the manual for my stuff says,

as soon as you notice degrading performance to stick them on the charger.

it also says to leave it on the charger when they're new for 11 hours.

I seen a few places on the net say craftsman replacement batteries are "recondidtioned" old batteries. a lot of people are complaining about them.

I bought my 19.2V set back in 2004. everything was used almost daily all day long. especially the drill. and the stock batteries have been replaced 3 times. it's actually cheaper to buy another drill just for the batteries. because you get the drill, charger, 2 batteries and a case for $89-99 usually. 2 batteries is $60.

and that's how I ended up with 3 drills, 2 chargers, 5 batteries and all the other tools.

Edited by serpentracer

that's what you're NOT supposed to do. it says it all over the manual. ni cad batteries will get a memory to them if you do that. then they'll never take a charge again. same thing with a car battery. once or twice is usually ok but after that it it will never charge. it's called deep cycling. that's why you see some car batteries that say "deep cycle" on them. it means they can be ran down really far a lot of times.

I seen a few places on the net say craftsman replacement batteries are "recondidtioned" old batteries. a lot of people are complaining about them.

I have seen reverse on everything of mine. If I keep something charged up or start charging before it's really low, battery life ends up sucking. Computers, cell phones, power tools, etc. My dremel I used to keep on the charger after each use. Battery lasted a couple months now I am lucky to get 7 minutes run timeout of it. My computer I let the battery run down, recharge, then repeat. Computer is 2-3 years old and still has decent run time. Just my experience.

I have seen reverse on everything of mine. If I keep something charged up or start charging before it's really low, battery life ends up sucking. Computers, cell phones, power tools, etc. My dremel I used to keep on the charger after each use. Battery lasted a couple months now I am lucky to get 7 minutes run timeout of it. My computer I let the battery run down, recharge, then repeat. Computer is 2-3 years old and still has decent run time. Just my experience.

laptops use lithium batteries. they're intended to be ran dead or almost dead. besides your laptop will turn itself off to prevent you from doing it too far.

but what you're experiencing is because you leave it on the charger too much. my cordless phone that never gets used has a bad battery.

I also notice with nicad's if you use them often they seem to last longer.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my 19.2V set back in 2004. everything was used almost daily all day long. especially the drill. and the stock batteries have been replaced 3 times. it's actually cheaper to buy another drill just for the batteries. because you get the drill, charger, 2 batteries and a case for $89-99 usually. 2 batteries is $60.

and that's how I ended up with 3 drills, 2 chargers, 5 batteries and all the other tools.

Hmmm, guess those people who rebuild the batteries don't know as much as you then. Just picked one up and thats exactly what they told me to do to get the most life out of them. Its also funny that I have been doing that all along with those same batteries and they lasted well over 10 years of very hard use. But maybe its just the way Milwaukee batteries work.

Oh, and my 19.2V craftsman works the same way, so I guess its not just Milwaukee.

But you are correct on one thing tho. Going the route of rebuilding old batteries is nearly as expensive as just buying another drill driver. If its craftsman or something like that. Dewalt or Milwaukee's cost more.

Rigid:That's a good deal if it part of the warranty. As far as batteires go, Deep cycle batteries ahve a expected life span of so many cycles so if it 's rated for 600 cycles, recharginging it at dead or half dead it's alll the same. Every charge is a cycle doesnt matter iff it was all the way dead or not. and leaving them dead is a bad thing becasue they start to corrode. HTis is all i know. and that memory is a crock of sh*t.