FS: 2007 Kawasaki KLX250S

MeefZah

Selling my 2007 Kawasaki KLX250S: 250cc 4 stroke single, totally street legal, 6 speed tranny, liquid cooled, carbed, chain drive, USD forks.

Good overall shape, with 7700 miles. Starts easily and runs well. Has had the chain and sprockets recently replaced, and all other wear items are good to go.

Mostly stock, with a few additions installed: Utah Sport Cycle aluminum skidplate, Scott MX grips, Sunline bar pad, carb jet kit installed, safety switches deleted. Current tires are OEM Trailwings off another bike with about 50% life left.

Also includes 2 keys, tools, fender mount tool bag, and owners manual.

Comes with a few uninstalled extras, too: replacement subfender license plate mount (lets you remove the existing OEM monstrosity while still using the stock tail light and signals), Kawasaki handguards, extra front and rear sprockets, OEM jets and pilot screws, spark plug, few odds and ends.

The bike shows a few very light scratches on the plastics consistent with light off road use. The radiator shrouds have a few areas where the plastic flexed slightly and the typical dirt bike "white" creasing shows up.

If I were going to keep this, I'd return the jetting to stock (all parts included) if only to get better gas mileage out of it. That's strictly a personal preference thing, though. Otherwise the bike needs nothing and is ready to ride.

$2150, clear title and ready to transfer.

I am in New Philadelphia, OH, and can assist with delivery if needed.

Feel free to email with questions: markmeftah@yahoo.com

Pictures taken earlier today... I couldn't get it as clean as I would have liked due to the infernal snow...

IMG_1923.jpg

IMG_1924.jpg

IMG_1925.jpg

Even though it's sold already, how did it ride offroad? Highway?

It's pretty good on gravel, offroad, and similar. It's okay on pavement at speeds up to about 55, gets pretty wheezy up to it's max speed of about 70. Suspension, brakes, framewise, it is probably the second best Japanese 250 duallie out there, the best being the WRR.

The engine is pretty anemic compared to the WRR though.

It's real selling point is it's price, I mean for $4500 new and $2000-ish used, it's a pretty good deal.

Overall, a good bike, fun around town and on gravel / offroad up to about 50 mph.

man that was quick

Well, I really wanted to move it. I posted it in multiple forums and on CL, and accepted a low offer to push it out the door. I was more interested in recouping a small amount of my investment in my new bike, and seeing it go to a good home and not lining the dealer's pocket, than I was in making any money.