Where did all of the political threads go!?!?!?!?!?

Casper

I set up the Politics forum like NWS and Ranting & Raving. You now have to join a group to be able to view them. Just go here, click the little radio button (the round circle), then click the "Join Group" button. After doing so, you'll have the same access you had before, and the threads will appear on the front page just as before.

With the election season quickly nearing, I figured I'd set it up this way as to not clutter the front page with political threads and to not annoy the crap out of those who don't want to hear about it. :D

http://www.ohioriders.net/profile.php?do=editusergroups

Damn over moderated Nazi like forum. I don't think I can handle this kind of parenting. I'm going back to Assault Junkies.
Do they even talk politics over there?
Sweet 5lbs baby Jesus!!

No more nut sack dragging over politics

So, is this a good thing or a bad thing then? :lol:

PS: I'm not sure how this will act for moderators at this point. FYI.

Good idea to hide the politics, why don't you hide the firearms section as well? This will take the special off-topic sections completely out of view for those that are too stupid to figure out that what they are reading isn't riding related. Given enough complaints from the weak minded we can get this place completely white washed from anything entertaining during the off season.

I appreciate you making the decision for me to not have to look into a political thread. Without you helping me from myself I might get all Libertarian or something by reading into political threads.

I find this kind of ironic coming from a R.P. supporter. I guess it’s easier to talk the talk than it is to walk the walk.

• Upvote 1

Good idea to hide the politics, why don't you hide the firearms section as well? This will take the special off-topic sections completely out of view for those that are too stupid to figure out that what they are reading isn't riding related. Given enough complaints from the weak minded we can get this place completely white washed from anything entertaining during the off season.

I appreciate you making the decision for me to not have to look into a political thread. Without you helping me from myself I might get all Libertarian or something by reading into political threads.

I find this kind of ironic coming from a R.P. supporter. I guess it’s easier to talk the talk than it is to walk the walk.

I'm laughing and sad at the same time. :lol:

To counteract your RP supporter comment, I'm empowering you to make the decision for yourself, but not forcing it down your throat. Think of it as a public option for healthcare. I'm not going to fine you for not taking it and I'm not forcing it upon you, but it's there if you want it. You alone make your own decisions. Some people don't want those links displaying on the front page for them, just the same as R&R and NWS. It's understandable. As for firearms, that's being discussed. I set Politics like this as a trial to see how it works out. I will of course listen to all feedback, even the sarcastic trolling comments. I want this site to be open and inviting to everyone. As such, it's nearly impossible to make it what everyone wants. However, allowing people to opt in to seeing topics of their individual interest I think will be a huge step in this direction. I could be wrong.

• Upvote 1

There's a firearms section? i need to check this out!!