No Bowl game for OSU Next season

buxnut

Which is the reason why he took the job.

Be careful what you wish for with Meyer. He was obviously the best pick for OSU..but when things aren't going his way 100pct or the odds don't favor him....he likes to run. Or have mystery illnesses pop up.

Anyone have a link to that interview?

I was looking for it earlier and couldn't find it. I'm keeping my eye out for it. I wanted to read the exact context.

That's the biggest crock of shit.

He left ONE job due to off-field circumstances.

Every other job he left to further his career.

Yeah..his health issue and wanting to spend time with his family?

Health issues seemed to clear right up(I'm not making light of them...I'm just saying they magically don't seem to be a factor now), and I guess he had seen enough of his family.

You can't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. He's a master of manipulation. I'm not saying he's a bad guy..I'm just saying he tells people what they want to hear and what HE wants YOU to hear. He's not the first, and won't be the last.

Let me recap for you:

Dec 9, 2009: Meyer loses the SEC championship and checks himself into a hospital for chest pains.

Dec26, 2009: Meyer announces he will retire as head coach after the Sugar Bowl

Dec 27, 2009: Scratch that...he'll take a leave of absence instead.

Jan 1, 2010: Meyer wins the Sugar Bowl.

March 17, 2010: Meyer is full time coach of the Gators.

2010 Season: Meyer is 7-5. Worst season under Meyer.

EDIT: Meyer loses a lot of KEY talent to the NFL, and he's a ghost when it comes to recruiting at this point. Clearly, he sees the writing on the wall and instead of staying the course like most coaches.......see below.

Dec 9, 2010: Meyer resigns from coaching.

Edited by InyaAzz

I was looking for it earlier and couldn't find it. I'm keeping my eye out for it. I wanted to read the exact context.

I always thought Meyer took the job because he got some assurance that there would be no further serious penalties....and that he had a QB in Miller he could work with. I'm not discounting the OSU job being one of the top 5 in the nation....but who wants to walk into a shit storm of unknown handicaps for an unknown amount of years?

I would LOVE to hear or read that interview if it exists.

Give this a read. It has a lot of similar thoughts of why I think it was hardly a slap on the wrist

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2011/12/ohio-state-recieves-bowl-ban-avoids-death-penalty/

I agree with this article. OSU is in the best shape anyone could ever ask for, considering what happened. From having ineligible players play in a bowl game (REALLY?) to only a 1 yr bowl ban. Sounds like a winner to me.

The only thing I see hurting them in the scholarships being taken away....the NCAA imposed on top of the self imposed. That might sting a little.

Cue the "It don't matter we'll still beat Michigan" BS

The NCAA is a bunch of idiots......plain and simple. And this whole situation with OSU has been blown so out of proportion that it is just sad. Look at what wrong the players did "big fucking deal", and if you think that Tressel didn't take the fall for the university and it's worthless athletic director and president.........you need your head examined. There is so much money at stake when dicking with a university the size and prominence of the likes of OSU........BIG MONEY!!!!!!!!

ps: If you really think tressel is guilty and didn't report it up the food chain, why do you think they changed his resignation to a full retirement? And they waived his $250,000 fine and instead paid him through june? You don't hook up someone who's such an embarrassment to the college. You hook up the guy who took the fall for everyone else to avoid a larger issue. Just my two cents. I stand by tressel and the team.

^^^ truth ^^^

It is their property, 100%. If you win an award, it's yours, right? But you are right about there being rules. They aren't allowed to sell anything they get from playing. They can't make any money whatsoever from the sport. But it was their property, and the question has been raised whether the NCAA rule is even legal.

Technically speaking, it is really OSU's until they leave school. You're right, it really was earned and is there stuff, but again, the rules dictate they cannot gain anything money or otherwise from selling anything they received while participating in sporting activities with the school they attend...

I was courted by a few schools for baseball and soccer and trust me, there are some shady things that cross or dance on that "line" if they want you to attend their school. There's a bunch of shit that goes on and I am sure a lot is sketchy. But, realize that they are not shy about telling the players that if they think there is something that crosses the line, they need to talk to someone. The players know 100% that they did the wrong thing...

I think it's hilarious. Football is so over rated and blown out of proportion it's ridiculous. It's a freaking game, get over it.

We're talking about a business that makes hundreds of millions of dollars a year.

It's a big deal.

• 2 weeks later...