My 03 TT600 build

LJWalter

The past couple of days I have been going through the bike removing spray paint overspray..... It inspired me to write a letter;

Dear previous owner of the bike,

Hello, i just wanted to take a moment to let know know that you suck as a person. Furthermore it should be illegal for you to own a motorcycle, dirtbike, bicycle or red wagon in the future. Please do society a favor and stay away from vehicles of all types.

That is all, have a wonderful day.

Sincerely, LJ Walter

p.s.- Stevie Wonder can paint better than you can.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frame painting started today. I went with an acrylic flat black for the frame. Sanding & prep time is paying off. Looks great so far. I will do 2 coats & shoot it with a lite clearcoat. Just enough to give it protection without too much shine.

I also went with a Viper straight race can. The Kaw can was too heavy and didnt feel like chopping it. And for $189, why not right??...

Stay tuned...

12-30-11.jpg

12-30-11a.jpg

12-30-11b.jpg

It was a late night but, Frame painting is complete! Now I'm just waiting for the tank & Rear side fairings from the shop. At least now I can start making it look like a motorcycle again.

4214707D-orig.jpg

Edited by LJWalter

I ordered twin black dominator headlights that im waiting to come in. I also ordered a wind screen.

SCRUDOM02-2.jpg

I took a 15"x15" decal and applied it to the windscreen with some help from a little dish soap, hair dryer & surgical knife. Turned out pretty good. And the bike's theme is revealed.....

9CDCF250-orig.jpg

Edited by LJWalter

Got the speedo mounted today. Due to a drained budget, I re-installed the OEM cluster. I drilled into the top of the triple tree & used plastic spacers to give it some rise. L-bracket & its done. I am going to trim up the edge of the left one as it is visible. Nonetheless, one more piece of this puzzle put into place.

1-1-12a.jpg

1-1-12b.jpg

1-1-12c.jpg

Another plus of the cluster placement is it will cover the ignition a little. Sorry Tyler, (fhat kow), it is now impossible to ride up beside me and pull the key out! Hahaha!

Edited by LJWalter

With a little time off work I have been able to keep things moving. With the bike being naked, i didn't like the look of the radiator just "hanging out".

1-2-12aa.jpg

After some thought i decided to make a cover for it. It started with a trip to Staples. Yes, Staples. A desktop paper tray-

1-2-12b.jpg

I cut & trimmed it for mounting & hit it with a coat of primer. I will paint it flat black tomorrow. When the black is dry I will apply the Triumph stencil and hit that with British red. Till tomorrow...

1-2-12a-1.jpg

I'm just glad your not very bright. Don't forget the training wheels. :)

Yea, next i put on the training wheels. I stole em off of your wheelchair... window licker

:shortbus:

Edited by LJWalter

Past couple of days of been down and out with the flu, gonna get back at it and finish the radiator cover hopefully tonight.

Does anyone know if they make clamp on cafe racer bars with around a 2 inch drop to them? Thanks!

Past couple of days of been down and out with the flu, gonna get back at it and finish the radiator cover hopefully tonight.

Does anyone know if they make clamp on cafe racer bars with around a 2 inch drop to them? Thanks!

Got the radiator cover almost completed. Just need to touch it up a bit. It is bolted on the bottom and a cold weld up top. When the weld is completely dry, I will sand the excess and hit it was some touch up paint.

54ED0F6C-orig.jpg

Edited by LJWalter

Started on the replacement overflow tank tonight. I am losing the plastic oversized OEM, replacing with a top of the line, state-of-the-art aluminum water bottle. Target, $7.99. Yea, ballin'!!

1-9-12a-1.jpg

Starts with a piece of steel i picked up @ Lowes. Cut it to length & drilled port holes where the mounting screws will go.

1-9-12b.jpg

After its cut, I primed & painted it as well as the hose clamps.

I drilled in the bottom of the water bottle 1/2" to fit a general brass fitting. Thread tape & a strong epoxy & its ready to rock.

1-9-12c.jpg

Going to let the clearcoat dry overnight & install it tomorrow. Again, stay tuned....