Got R6 Tank Sliders?

TwitchMacabre

huh, interesting. Is there a problem there or is it a one off?

There is a problem with the design of the tank.. Thin walls and they stick out pretty far and in crashes, it hits ground, ruptures, and the sparks from the bike sliding causes the fire. They actually make tank sliders for it.. Let me find the links for the article.

Those sliders look pretty good for going through a 120mph slide. But for 120 bucks, thats a deal to make sure your bike doesn't go up in flames, and if your already into racing/trackdays, whats another 120? Sure beats having to buy a replacement tank thats shaped differently.

i figured they arent crash tested, but common sense tells me that something like that would happen. if the tank sticks out too far it is going to be the impact point for any crash. frame sliders most likely wouldn't have helped in this case. not sure if they were on the bike or not. just seems like common sense to me.

Those sliders look pretty good for going through a 120mph slide. But for 120 bucks, thats a deal to make sure your bike doesn't go up in flames, and if your already into racing/trackdays, whats another 120? Sure beats having to buy a replacement tank thats shaped differently.

It is when you consider the design was piss poor... Especially when they did an update on the 08s... However, even with that, I think WERA is requiring all R6s in that body style to have them "just in case"...

It is when you consider the design was piss poor... Especially when they did an update on the 08s... However, even with that, I think WERA is requiring all R6s in that body style to have them "just in case"...

Yeah, true, but the fact is that it's there, and there isn't much your going to do to change it :dunno: Sucks they produced a bike like that, but they did. Your or I would think, common sense would dictate that no matter what the angle, the tank shouldn't hit the ground, for such an obvious reason, but apparently not.

Yeah, true, but the fact is that it's there, and there isn't much your going to do to change it :dunno: Sucks they produced a bike like that, but they did. Your or I would think, common sense would dictate that no matter what the angle, the tank shouldn't hit the ground, for such an obvious reason, but apparently not.

True dat...