Salt much?

Casper

At the end of my street is the city service garage and the salt storage dome. When the full salt trucks exit the salt dome, there is usually a one foot tall "salt speed bump" at that driveway as some of the salt falls off the truck. Very nice for speed control.

This is from 2009, but I hear Ohio has done this too.

http://www.governing.com/idea-center/Mix-Sugar-Beet-Molasses.html

This week, Maryland's State Highway Administration is preparing two counties to use an unusual mixture for roads this winter that other states have adopted: sugar beet molasses and salt brine. The SHA joins a number of groups to use sugar beet molasses to help de-ice roads. A SHA spokesman says the substance will help salt stick to the roads

and stick to our vehicles. :nono:

A lot of this has to do with the damn lawyers. Someone falls down and sues the shit out of the parking lot owner for "negligence" well I think the idiot that feel was negligent in learning to walk. Damn people looking for something they did not earn.

A lot of this has to do with the damn lawyers. Someone falls down and sues the shit out of the parking lot owner for "negligence" well I think the idiot that feel was negligent in learning to walk. Damn people looking for something they did not earn.

well ohio law says if you shovel or plow something you just became liable for anyone that falls.

but if you do nothing to it, there isn't anything they can sue you over. I assume that's why I see a lot of places that don't plow or shovel sidewalks now.