03-04 600rr Hotbodies Track Plastics

Mykill

I have a set of 03-04 Hotbodies Track Plastics for the CBR 600RR. I never used them and I think the previous owner only used them a few times. They are unpainted.

I have been told they fit 05-06 if you remove the ram air tubes. I bought them for my 06 and never ended up using them. From what I can tell they should be an easy fit.

Im asking $250 OBO and Ohio Only. Cost too much to ship. Im willing to meet up if I am free.

picture.php?albumid=1399&pictureid=14987

picture.php?albumid=1399&pictureid=14986

picture.php?albumid=1399&pictureid=14985

Edited by Mykill

The surrounds on the ram air's are different too. Unless you're willing to do some creative Dremel work, the nose won't fit a 03-04 but everything else will.

Did you mean 05-06?

I was only posting what I was told. I never test fitted them. If you remove the ram air tubes why would you need to dremel?

Did you mean 05-06?

I was only posting what I was told. I never test fitted them. If you remove the ram air tubes why would you need to dremel?

I did mean a 05-06, edited post.

The air intakes are completely different from 03-04 to 05-06, and that redesign changed the nose fairing. If you remove the ram air tubes, then it's going to be harder to get air inside of the intakes as the opening is now farther inside of the nose vs. right there below the point, getting all the air that's split down from the nose point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I may be interest in these soon. I would be fitting them on an 03 R6.

Would it be possible to carefully cut out the fairing to fit a CBR600rr headlight? Is the shape the same at all?

I dont see why you couldnt. They have slight indentations on top of where the lights would go. Your pretty crafty so I dont think you would have much of a problem....

I may be interest in these soon. I would be fitting them on an 03 R6.

Would it be possible to carefully cut out the fairing to fit a CBR600rr headlight? Is the shape the same at all?

it is absolutely possible. Somewhere on 600rr.net there is a guy that has an 06 for street/track duty and did what you are wanting

Fitting CBR plastics on an R6?

Yea I'm no brand purist, if they fit they fit. Just looking for a deal on bodywork. However these will be going on an electric R6 so the fitment is quite a bit different. :)

I swear I'll make a build thread soon...

it is absolutely possible. Somewhere on 600rr.net there is a guy that has an 06 for street/track duty and did what you are wanting

Cool if these meet the basic fit then I'll do some searching and see what I can do.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Mike, if you sell these on Wera or need to ship, let me know. I can ship from my employer for 1/20th the costs. Just would ask you to box them. I shipped my spare wheels/rains, and oem BW there last year for less than 50 total.

Wow. Ok. I may take you up on that if they dont sell soon. Im tired of them sitting around. I looked around before and got quotes to ship them and they were wanting like $200 :wtf:

wow that is a good deal. i will consult with the fellow members of team lolwtfomfgbbq (tentatively named until a real team name is picked) and see what they think.

• 3 weeks later...