Anyone know someone from the Korean war

Beegreenstrings

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2012/01/113_103154.html

US agrees to import 86000 M1's but denys the import of some 600,000 M1 carbines. (Yeah because the 600,000 would drive the price down).

Dammit! :nono:

I really wish they would re import them, as I would like one. I suppose the 600,000 would fall into the wrong hands. I can just see all the gangbangers carrying these stuffed in their baggy pants. :nono:

Edited by crb

I am not intending this to be some slick way to use a korean vet either so dont start bashing. I am just saying....

If you know someone that was there and they are a gun buff. "THEY" can obtain one or more (I really dont know), I know my uncle would buy enough for all of us (nephews, because the neices should be in the kitchen)if he was still alive.

Damnit, there goes the value of the '52 HRA M1 I bought at the OGCA gun show two weeks ago.

i highly doubt it will lower the value of one in prestine to excellent condition. Some of the lower grades, maybe. and that is a maybe.

I called CMP last night and talked to one of th guys, they said, from what they have seen, some of these are in excellent condition and some are in horrible condition. If they had their way they would get them all and rebuild them before distribution.

I did not know until my uncles funeral that he was on a destroyer in the Navy during WWII and captured some top sercret German sub. They were telling me this at the funeral and I was like WTF no one cared to discuss this earlier... Hell I could have took him into history class for show and tell... all J/K aside. He told his daughter about it in his last days. She asked why he never spoke of it sooner. He stated - No one ever asked.

You need to join a club first...

I am a member of the GCA- Garand collectors association, it's like $25 for the whole year..

Then fill out a few forms, bring your GCA card, birth cert...and hand pick out your rifle. After the first time, you don't need the paperwork.

Agreed with The King about joining the CMP and getting a gun from them. I have a CMP Garand and have purchased bayonets and thousands of rounds of ammo from up there. All at roughly half the going gunshow rate. Where do you think the dealers at the gun shows buy the stuff from.

Go to http://www.odcmp.com/sales.htm for all the rules and prices.